SF A2 Incan dimming?

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed that my A2 incan looks a little weaker, I think I have seen threads on this before but this the first time that this happened or maybe just the first time I noticed, Are the batteries dying? I got 2 Pentagon 123's in there.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't get a totally immediate dropoff of the brightness when the batteries are going. flashlightreviews for example shows 100% regulation for about 45 minutes then dims to 75% til the 50 minute mark then it cuts out entirely (just LEDs)

How many battery changes have you gone through in your A2? Eventually the lamp will tire some and won't be as bright or white as a brand new one, but it should still be quite usable. And eventually it'll need replacing, but we're talking 20+ hours (20+ battery changes) before then.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I thought the A2 was supposed to be regulated, even in the incan section causing no drop-off. Guess that's not the case..

carrot

Flashaholic
Check for discoloration of the bulb. Your bulb just might be bad (and live a short life). Just make sure to wipe off any oil from your fingers off the lamp with some alcohol... or don't touch the glass envelope.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Batteries have been in for a while it might just be the battts.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Infidel, the A2 incan is regulated, but does, in some lights, drop off a little right before it goes completely dead.

I have 2 of them, one goes dim for about 5 minutes before it quits, the other stays bright right up until it quits, both of them run 45-52 minutes on 123 cells before they dim at all.

Bill

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Planterz said:
You won't get a totally immediate dropoff of the brightness when the batteries are going. flashlightreviews for example shows 100% regulation for about 45 minutes then dims to 75% til the 50 minute mark then it cuts out entirely (just LEDs)

How many battery changes have you gone through in your A2? Eventually the lamp will tire some and won't be as bright or white as a brand new one, but it should still be quite usable. And eventually it'll need replacing, but we're talking 20+ hours (20+ battery changes) before then.
It looks like a winner I must be in that battery dying stage...

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
glockboy said:
Put new battery in it and see what happen.
Just swapped batteries with another light, yep! batteries are starting to wear down.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing to remember is that when the A2 cuts off the juice to incandescent lamp, they've still got about 25% capacity, which is enough to feed low-drain lights like the Inova X5. So just because they're done for the A2, they're not quite dead and useless yet.

Latest posts