Dating question - Anyone ever have this happen to them?

jhereg

Enlightened
I've run across three women in my life who almost literally cause sparks (in a good way) when I was around them. The first two didn't match me in other ways, but the attraction was almost irresistable. I recently ran across a wonderful woman who matches me in many ways, *AND* has this effect on both of us. Anyone else encounter this or have an explanation?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
static trying puting a small metal tack in the rubber part of ya shoes

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

This is what they call "chemistry". It cannot be explained, and happens to some people more often than others. You might want to hang onto this lady for long enough to find out if it will work, but don't get too hasty because there are other dynamics that might still prove to be import considerations.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had that with a girl back in high school. I dont want to ever meet up with her again due to this kind of attraction. I still think of her from time to time and do feel that she was my "soul mate". If I hadnt started dating my wife around that time, im sure we would be together today. Weird stuff.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope your wife doesnt browse these forums.

-david

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's love and there's lust. Sometimes, in the heat of the moment as sparks are flying, they get mistaken for each other. Keep a cool head and remember the difference.
:grin2:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the powers that be grant us another few months, I'll have a year on Radio (it'll be 25 for me). I had a Bicentennial romance, got married five years later & it's been sparks ever since. Some of them were more like welding sparks...OUCH, that hurt. I doubt that it's possible to have only + without some - . Thus, the current of love flows. Without sparks your in the dark.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dustin's threads forward needs to have a warning label on it.

Dustin, please read the rules of the forum, as you were requested to do in the thread you started.

Bill

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fiance drives a Chevy Classic, and every time I get out of her car I get zapped. I'm gonna try Raggie's advice..

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't know much about dating but hey, if there is a time when your wife(when you are married k?) and your mother quarrel(sp?) and ask you this question: there is a big fire going on and and your wife and mother is trapped inside the house. who would you safe?

answer is: save the fire!!!

Illum

Flashaholic
a one sided love = passion...

Personally, as a high school student, I know about the ravages of the chemistry...
especially since none of my parents are brother had gone though any type of "chemical reactions" in high school...I feel that i'm an oddball
According to my observations, when suddenly someone becomes peticularly irresistable, two things can happen.

Your desire will strike rich with her and you'd be making progress...Mutual understanding and involvement...whereas love shows its true colors [never happened to me]
or
Your strong desire for her repelled her and despite your effort to win her heart, in hope that the development will bear fruit... the emotion deteriates and the chemical reaction will result in mutual emotional annhiliation...
[happened to virtually everyone I know at their first try]

DUQ said:
I had that with a girl back in high school. I dont want to ever meet up with her again due to this kind of attraction. I still think of her from time to time and do feel that she was my "soul mate". If I hadnt started dating my wife around that time, im sure we would be together today. Weird stuff.

I still do...
only person that mattered to me...didnt look at another girl for the full 4 years when i was in high school..
"soul-mates" is a lousy word, but I'm at a loss for words to describe the work of god...

[Her name is my password onCPF...lol, shes my guiding light]
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world"

jhereg

Enlightened
chesterqw said:
don't know much about dating but hey, if there is a time when your wife(when you are married k?) and your mother quarrel(sp?) and ask you this question: there is a big fire going on and and your wife and mother is trapped inside the house. who would you safe?

answer is: save the fire!!!

I would save my son, then my spouse (assuming I had one :)), then other family members.

jhereg

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
a one sided love = passion...
Your desire will strike rich with her and you'd be making progress...Mutual understanding and involvement...whereas love shows its true colors [never happened to me]
or
Your strong desire for her repelled her and despite your effort to win her heart, in hope that the development will bear fruit... the emotion deteriates and the chemical reaction will result in mutual emotional annhiliation...
[happened to virtually everyone I know at their first try]

Right now I think we're on the same page. We enjoy being together, and miss each other when we are apart. We chat online & email when we can't chat. I fixed her a nice dinner last night & got to meet her 1yo daughter. It's amazing in some ways. If I wrote up a list of characteristics of the theoretical "perfect woman" for me, she matches all but a couple of the most minor things.