Auto theft - Top 10 cities & more!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Sig, I could get into real trouble here, by suggesting searching common demographical denominators, but choose not to! :D (When did Political Correctness rule, and Who was responsible?)

Larry

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe there needs to be a new antitheft device. Having a crappy looking car just isn't enough. And alarms obviously don't work.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Man I almost freaked after coming out of the Cleveland,TX Walmart today. I didn't realize I came out of the grocery side, and couldn't locate my truck....

Sure was relieved to see it several rows over!

To think, I was living in the fat middle of Harris County somewhat over a year ago!

TorchMan

Enlightened
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
To think, I was living in the fat middle of Harris County somewhat over a year ago!
What? We only rank 37th in terms of auto theft here in the county? :awman: I was shocked we weren't in the top ten. I researched stolen vehicles in the county before purchasing mine, the Honda Civic I was looking at (but didn't get) was in the top five for every agency I could find.

I could mention a couple of things I think we are still number one or thereabouts in, but don't want to charge this thread and get it locked. :grin2:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not an auto theft, but yesterday evening I was returning from a walk with a friend here in San Jose only to find her backseat car window smashed and her purse (hidden under a coat on the floor) stolen. Loss was credit cards, driver's license, cell phone and a Fenix L1P. All cards immediately cancelled, new license ordered, cell phone was off and security locked, and I'm ordering her a new L1P. I hate crime.