Newb here!

Bruiser

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to make my first post here and say hi. I'm a member over at Bladeforums, and was turned onto EDC forums, which in turn, turned me onto this forum. I'm definately a knife junkie and never really gave too much thought to EDC'ing a light until recently after seeing how many out there carried lights as part of their daily EDC.

I have small flashlights and such around my house, and usually a photon on my keychain, but thats about the extent of it. I decided to take the plunge and get a new light to EDC, and ordered a new Fenix L2T today. We'll see how it works out. Should be here by next week. Either way, just wanted to say hello.

-Dan

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bruiser!! Welcome to CPF!! :wave:

I'm sure you will find a good light as important an EDC as a good knife; especially if you roam around at night or have power outages at work or need to constantly check dark places.

The L2T should be a great light althouh I have no experience with it, but based on specs and Fenix's respectable quality (I only have an L1P) :D Usually for compactness, people EDC a single cell light but there are a lot of folks who carry their U2s and other 5-6 inch lights around; as long as you don't mind!!

Have fun here!!

Bruiser

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I was thinking of going to the L1T for a single cell light, but opted for the 2 cell for the longer runtime. I'm not quite sure yet if you can swap the body on this yet to a single cell as you can with the L2P, but I imagine someone will come up with an idea soon. I'd like to be able to do either or, but I wanted to try the 2 stage bezel and I like the runtime compared with the L1T. Thanks again for the kind words.

Ivanhoe

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Bruiser! lots of knowledge and plenty of good people here as well.

Hang onto your wallet!:grin2:

Rod