Who has recieved thier Fenix L1T or L2T?

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Have people got thiers yet,anyone got beamshots ,comparisonsetc. and or info to all the questions that have been asked??? Is it reverse clicky?

Thanks

Lite-On

Newly Enlightened
Received my L1T today from EliteLed, very nice example. Smooth white beam, similar in color to my KL1 which is warm white. Not a blemish to be found on this light.
The two stage head is very smooth operating and locks on high easily, unlike my Orb Raw where I have to move it a little to make positive contact for high. The reverse clicky feels nice also, even though I am not a fan of those. Really like this light alot.
Never had the previous Fenix so I can't compare.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know how the low setting is. Can you compare it to another familiar light (like a 5mm light- an Arc AAA for example). The stated brightness is 10 lumens which seem like much to bright of a low to me. Is it too bright for reading in the dark?

Lite-On

Newly Enlightened
The closest I can find to compare on low would be the River Rock 2 AAA.
Probably about the same brightness but Fenix has much, much better beam.
It does seem very bright for a low setting. For a low, I would prefer the brightness
of a key chain light with a 2032.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lite-On said:
The closest I can find to compare on low would be the River Rock 2 AAA.
Probably about the same brightness but Fenix has much, much better beam.
It does seem very bright for a low setting. For a low, I would prefer the brightness
of a key chain light with a 2032.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Hopefully someone will soon open one up and put in a stronger resistor. Kind of seems redundant to mod a light that is the production answer to an existing mod, but I do think I would like the clicky on/off with twist level selection better than twisty on/off.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean, it seems the trick to the two stage is using the threads as a conductive path for the low beam. Therefore for the low to work (I would think that high still would work.), one would have to remove the anodizing, with lye, from the threads of the "P" model body.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I thought by pre ordering I would be one of the first to get them.I guess they are still stuck in customs,thats the last I read.Guess Ill have to be patient.

:awman:
Im surprised there arent more comments from those that have got them.

dekelsey61

Newly Enlightened
Which one of the Fenix L1T or L2T would be brighter? I am new at this flashlight collecting. How good is the Fenix line? I know these 2 flashlights are new. Thank you for your replies.

Dan

tattoou2

Enlightened
Paul6ppc said:
I thought by pre ordering I would be one of the first to get them.I guess they are still stuck in customs,thats the last I read.Guess Ill have to be patient.

:awman:
Im surprised there arent more comments from those that have got them.

I'm being patient along with you, Paul, but it's getting aggravating knowing others have already gotten their lights.

unclearty

Enlightened
Got my L1T today...ordered it early Thursday morning. It is an impressive little light. I'm really liking this thing. Took a second to figure out the Hi-Low switch, but it is very cool. Very white, well centered LED...beautiful finish..nice laser etching. Now I want an L2T.......

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine in the midwest today. My impressions:
Shinier finish than the L1P. I prefer the L1P's matte finish, which feels grippier and has more of a quality look & feel.
Low is not quite as bright as the L1P, and High is only a little brighter than the L1P on a fresh Sanyo 2500 NiMH. The L1T is on the Lithium it came with.
There is less difference between hi and low than I would like to conserve batteries, but the low is a good bright level for close work if a little too bright at the spot, and not bright enough in spill. Credit the throw intensive reflector. The hi level could be brighter, but since the L1 and L2T use the same head, I know my one AA is not pushing this to it's potential. I need a 14500...
Very cool to be able to se it at one level with the head and then be able to click on and off all day at the desired level.

High compared to the Jet-1 AA on Lithium is somewhat similar with about equal spot brightness and the Fenix winning spill brightness by a small margin. The Jet has a bigger hot spot though. I had more color difference with the Fenix more purple-ish, Jet more warm yellow. The color difference made it hard to tell, but maybe the Fenix was a little brighter.

Otherwise it is just like the L1P: same machined body, same switch. It is a tiny bit longer when unscrewed to low, but otherwise, it's the same length too.

thirdeye

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone host a few crude shots of the L2T? I don't have alace to host. I can e-mail them to a host person. PM OK

TE