Battery recommendation and Newbie questions

f155mph

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I am in the process of making two ROP. One is a 6C Maglite and the other is a 2D Maglite. I got the battery (6AA to 2D) holder from Fivemega.

My question is what AA and C batteries should I get for my two ROP? Where is the best place to get them?

Secondly I got a Cammed reflector from Fivemega also and I notice the hole for the bulb is smaller then the stock reflector. It fits right now, but the hole is too small for the reflector to go below the bulb socket.

Should I drill it out so that I will work like the stock or keep it as is?

Thank you
:)

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hole is designed for the envelope of the lamp to fit up through into the reflector.. i'm not sure about with ROP lamps.. but last i checked.. most PR fitting lamps are compatible with the cammed reflectors.. only usually have to drill out the reflector for 100W lamps.

the ROP lamps i think pull 3.5 to 4A or something.. look at the batteries included forum and find the NiMH comparison for AA cells and find any that can run w/o much sag at 5A.. there are about 5-6 decent options... don't try to find the ones with the most MAH.. the ratings are done at very low current (like 1/2A or less).. find a cell that has the most MAH at 5A.

Welcome to CPF, stick around a while, sounds like you'll fit right in.

-awr

Latest posts