Lost

Soniq7

Newly Enlightened
Unbelievable luck. I lost my brand new Q3 today, the first time I trusted that belt clip. The first time it ever left my damn house! I cant believe it. Now Ill never trust a belt clip again. Brand new SF123 too. So awful, I really liked it...

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about your loss. That Q3 clip is only good for keeping the light from rolling, or clipping it to a cap visor. Too flimsy to trust otherwise!

Allnew2me

Enlightened
I just got mine today also, so sorry about you losing it. Retrace your steps and ask in any store you were in or near, you never know. Maybe another flashie found it and returned it.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
how were you carrying it? I always carry my lights inside my pocket with the clip on the outside.

-david

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belt clip? I don't think that clip was ever intended for attaching to a belt, at least not if it is more than an inch wide. In any case it is unfortunate. The only good part about it is that it is relatively inexpensive to replace, and you also have other options, like the Dorcy 1W that uses a single 123 battery as well.

Soniq7

Newly Enlightened
It was just on my belt. Im a telecom tech, so I cover a lot of ground which doesnt make the retracing part very feasible unfortunately.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way to find it is to buy another one. If you are going to find it, it will magically show up right after you get its replacement. Trust me on this one. :)

Even if you don't find it, you're a pretty fortunate person if a missing $35 light is the best thing you have to grieve about.

:twothumbs

cheers

zulu45

Enlightened
I, personally, don't EVER trust pocket clips. I perfer using either nylon or leather sheaths. I even use one for my Dorcy Super 1 Watt. If I ever get a Q3 (a semi-major IF) I'll end up keeping it in the sheath that I use. This sheath originally came with a Craftsman multi-tool I received as a gift, but since I retired that, I figured I'll use the sheath. If you wear a belt, I'd suggest using a sheath. If you don't have a spare one, flea markets are great places to find them. I've found one, though really made for use with an ASP, that the 6P fits perfectly in, that I use for it, for only $2. It's a great way to get good functionality for a low price.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to hear about the loss. if you bought it recently at least you paid less then when they first appeared here at CPF. I lost a nice CR123 green laser once, now it's on a retractable key ring and secure in a holster on my belt.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I'd check your car/truck/van, between the driver's seat and console. If you are right handed, you probably carried the light on the right side. I normally keep my cell phone on that side, and at least a few times a month my phone ends up in that space when exiting the vehicle. Years ago, I thought I lost a mini-mag, and found it there several months later. Worth a shot.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this was a thread about the last episode of lost. Michael is a ******* now isnt he? Shooting all his old friends like that and letting the enemy go.

HonorKnight

Newly Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost.
I don't trust those clips either. If I use a clip, I prefer to clip it to my pants UNDERNEATH my belt. Not as convienient maybe, but the pressure from the belt helps keep it in place. I would rather put it in a pocket or a holster. I mostly use a nylon knife holster with a velcro flap when I carry a flashlight that isn't comfortable in my pocket.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
carbine15 said:
I thought this was a thread about the last episode of lost. Michael is a ******* now isnt he? Shooting all his old friends like that and letting the enemy go.

Damn you!! Over here in the netherlands were at least a season behind.... thanks for spoiling it... :awman:

Anyway, it really sucks to lose a light. At least you've got a good excuse to buy another light :grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had a problem with my Q3 clip. Last night, my fiance was wearing the Q3 on her pants during our night walk for 2hrs and it never came off. My Q3 clip was quite loose (space between clip and Q3 body) when I got it. One of the first things I did was remove the clip and bend it so that it would be more tight against the body. After that, I've never had a problem with it. It's hard to get on because the end is curved down/parallel to the light body (instead of upward so things can slide in), but aside from that, it's fine. When I use the clip, I always have the Q3 in my pocket and the clip outside. But as shown by last night, even with the Q3 outside (on my fiance's pants), it worked fine.

g36pilot

Enlightened
Sorry for your loss.

For straightforward walking about clips are fine as long as you don't bend much or brush against something.

Most belt clips I've used for external carry will at some point rotate off the belt when the item brushes something like a seat belt, upholstery, or other item. Another avenue of loss is the vertical lift when the unit is lifted by your thigh while bending forward with ahead of your hip carry or when sitting w/aft of hip carry. Vertical loss also readily occurs with carry in the forward pants pocket. Multi cell lights have a better retention ability inside a pocket due to the longer surface contact but they still lift out.

I've had and observed embarrassing moments with brand name belt clip holsters. Any items I carry with a clip are often checked for security before or after movement.

IMHO belt clips are best used to keep a light from slipping deeper into the pocket and making it readily accessible.

Buckeye

Enlightened
I feel your pain. :rant: I lost my Fenix L1P for 45 minutes while I was visiting my son's preschool. I tried not to think about it. I found it when I went back to the car. It was wedged in the seat. I didn't realize how much I liked the light until it was missing.

dim

Enlightened
For casual and "civilian" use, for, particularly, small flashlights, I've never understood clips and sheaths/holsters. Just stick the damn thing in your pocket.

dim