Has anyone tried modding the Inova X1 model?

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering how easy it'd be to mod the inova X1 light with something to
use a luexeon I or III led. May be it can be made to perform somewhat like the
fenix, jetbeam, triton etc. lights. I really like X1's body and was just wondering about this.
Has anyone tried something like this?

InfidelCastro

Banned
Well, they make the T1, but I think it's a little bit longer than the X1. I don't know if it's possible to fit a Lux in the head of the X1. Maybe someone has done it? Would be pretty neat.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Please inform me, since I'm such a layman... what IS in the Inova X1 if it's not a Luxeon?

I guess I just made a newbie assumption that it's a good quality light so it "must" have one of them newfangled Luxeon fancy dancy LEDs in it...

So is it just a 5mm so-and-so?

-Jeffrey

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, owenbright.

I see, it IS a 5mm LED. So, as I understand it, the Luxeon I and III are able to be pushed at higher power because they employ heat sinks, and the Luxeon V actually has more than one little dealie that puts out the light, so it's harder to get a tight beam (that's stuff I read by following some of the CPF Wiki links...).

I'm gradually learning. Maybe one day I'll actually be knowledgeable about this stuff. I think that the site calls me "enlightened" a bit prematurely. ;)

-Jeffrey

cyberhobo

Enlightened
I modded an X1. Used a MillerMods driver, a Lux I RXOH and an McR16 reflector with a saphire lens. Also, replaced with a lighter spring so the tactical button is more positive and responsive. Was a lot of work to get it all to fit (required hand boring the X1 and carefully glueing the lens with 2 Ton Epoxy). Shines like an LP1 but a nicer white tint. Reflector does it a lot of good as well. Don't have pics because don't own digital camera.