Maxfire in Canada ?

gohgarb

Newly Enlightened
Apparantly candian wal-marts do not retail the Brinkman Maxfire LX, I'm in greater vancouver, does anyone know where I can purchase this flashlight ? Thanks !

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
I don't think wal-mart carries the LX. I think they carry the Legend or something similiar. I've only seen the LX at Target.

gohgarb

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the tip. This is exactly the information I'm looking for ! Cheers :)

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm pretty sure I've seen the LX at Walmart. Only it's about $5 more than the one at Target and doesn't come with a leather holster.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
There is no Targets in Canada and I do recall ever seeing the Maxfire (under any name ex: Noma ) at Canadian Walmarts.

I have not used my Maxfire much in last few months as I do not feel like feeding it 2xcr123's for the runtime/output/size it has, especially when I have some rechargeable options now.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have to have a Brinkmann branded flashlight then there is always the Vancover market. There is so much here and there trade going on that you stand a very good chance of seeing one available in the huge northern west coast marketplace or on ebay.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I've decided to make my Maxfire light my nightstand light for when things go bump in the night.

I put some Duracells in it that are about 90% and tested it to make sure it worked. I wont be using it now so that I know the batteries are always good.

I got an old 2D Rayovac prism reflector with alkaline digital batteries and a Dorcy xenon bulb as backup hanging on a hook and usually have a weak LED light on my nightstand as well for finding stuff. I think that should suffice. If everything goes wrong, I guess I can always go into my flashlight cabinet and break out the Surefires, Inovas and various spotlights. :D