Ready to mod my 2D Mag - need a little help.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Want to pick up the 2D to 6AA adapter. Can someone point me to where I can get it? Also, which bulb works with that - the 5-6D Xenon? The RadioShack KPR118? I dont' want to change the reflector. Can I use lithium AAs ( like energizer e2) with that setup? I couldn't find any Maglite bulbs above 2D at Walmart today, anyone know where I can get them? What kind of runtime can I expect? Kind of confused by all the options. Any help will be appreciated.

litho123

Enlightened
Hi KDOG3 -

Fivemega has his 6AA-2D holder FS here...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111885

I'd suggest the rechargable route...6 cells = 7.2v

On 7.2v, You certainly can go with the KPR family of bulbs, however, the 118 didn't impress me and the 5-cell Krypton bulb was OK but too yellow for my taste. I'd suggest the potted Carley 1057p or H1499p bulbs. I have both of those bulbs available and I'll even include another stock reflector/lens as they will eventually start to show signs of deformation given enough time.

There are other bulbs (ROP-lo / WA 1111p) which would work, however, they would require upgrading the reflector and lens due to the heat generated.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just ordered 2 6D-cell xenon Magnum star bulbs from flashlightking.com for $10 shipped. I just gotta get that 6AA adapter now! WooHoo! I'm hoping I can use the Energizer e2 lithiums with it. I was also thinking of getting the energizer rechargeable lithium setup.