Medical discovery

TorchMan

Enlightened
Wow! That is very exciting indeed, especially as I have lost close loved ones to different forms of cancer, and chemo is a horrible thing to endure or even watch. Hopefully this can be transferred to humans as effectively, and done at a cost level to the patient that it can be afforded.

I'm sorry to be looking at the glass as half-empty, but how many years away is this in humans, if it ever happens? Seems there are a couple of "cures" discussed a decade. Can't remember any being this promising though.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My sense from the article is that they'll have to identify which humans have "cancer resistant" immune systems, just as they have in mice. I don't know whether this means identifying certain patterns of DNA or whether they'll have to determine this empirically using reall human cells.

I'm certainly going to follow this story though. I have lost a dear uncle to cancer.

TorchMan said:
Wow! That is very exciting indeed, especially as I have lost close loved ones to different forms of cancer, and chemo is a horrible thing to endure or even watch. Hopefully this can be transferred to humans as effectively, and done at a cost level to the patient that it can be afforded.

I'm sorry to be looking at the glass as half-empty, but how many years away is this in humans, if it ever happens? Seems there are a couple of "cures" discussed a decade. Can't remember any being this promising though.

Latest posts