Flashlights in "Poseidon"

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw "Poseidon." It was alot better than I thought it would be. Great special effects and definitely a big screen movie. It had me at the edge of my seat as it was one narrow escape from death after another. The lead character gets a Surefire M4 from a dead crew members uniform. He had it stashed in his jacket or pants at a New Years Eve party. He must have had big pockets. As the survivors make their way out they come across a incase of emergancy break the glass case filled with a half dozen M3Ts (I think they are M3Ts but am not sure as I've never used one) painted orange. I have got to find that cruiseline and get a few "souvenirs!" They use the lights underwater. Pretty cool. They were the John Wayne models as they never needed a battery change.

Check it out!

mykall

Enlightened
I have not seen the "new" Poseidon, but I do remember Ernie Borgnine using that silver (looked like an extra long Eveready Captain) light in the original 70's film. He even used it underwater.

I remember even back then thinking that there was no way that light was watertight. I knew someone who had one that was similar to one in the original film and I wouldn't have felt comfortable using it in the rain. :)

MB

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Im lost did you say there were orange M3T's? Did they look plastic or metal like the ones we know.

Orange HA... hmmmm

Gotta go see the movie!. What movie do you think was best in the use of flashlights?

AlexGT

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo magic79, yes I did see the original. I believe it was a Irwin Allen film. Shelly Winters, Red Buttons, and Ernest Bordnine. And that song, "There's got to be a morning after..." Morine McGovern?! That movie was good too.

AlexGT, they looked strangely plastic. I think the latest version of Poseidon best used the flashlights as everybody had one.

kelmo

ofcjim40

Newly Enlightened
Funny, I just saw it today at the show too, but.... I thought it sucked with a capital S. I would give it 1.5 out of 4 stars, but anyway. I love how the lights worked for over an hour on constant underwater :laughing: Typically Hollywood junk. The orange SF's look like they were probably just painted orange. I had to laugh also that the ship would have 1000 dollars worth of flashlights in an emergency case, yet couldn't buy glass that wouldn't crack from water pressure at 50 feet below the surface...lol!