Reason 431978431 to carry TWO flashlights:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Heh, heh. I've carried at least three for the longest time, sometimes four. CPF was a gateway to small and high quality lights.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
ONLY 2!!!!!!

I always carry 5 lights of different sizes with me and some spare batteries too!

AlexGT

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC rotation is 3 lights. When out in the field, that's when the fun part starts. :D Usually the SRTH, occasionally a HID, a couple of extra backup Luxeon LEDs, some variable power, others not, and long running stuff like the Arcs and CMG Inf Ultra.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
meh... i only have 1+1+1+1+1=5 and 1 of them is a pelican super sabrelite. how the heck am i suppose to bring that out :p with my other medium sized lights.

also i know this is out of topic but today, i saw the m6 led and touched it(sounds horny i know) it was smaller then the normal m6 incan(3 to 6mm in diameter). and i thought it was of the same size...

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few days ago we get the first real signs of the Spring/Summer season at work. Multiple power outages are a real common thing and it works like this -- the substation we are on is "iffy" on a good day and when the weather is bad, the power flickers often. If it goes out once or twice briefly, no problem, but within a short period, third time's a charm, and it will stay out for at least half an hour. Last week this happens twice in one day. Yeah!

BTW, our store usually does not close since we will walk customers around beause we figure that they will want stuff to make them more comfortable during the outage. Employees are issued lots of cheapo incan flashlights (never heard that before, huh?), and I whip out one of several LED lights.

And it begins for yet another time:

- "Ha, ha, ha, here he goes again."
- "Yeah, the light geek with all those... uh, gee, that's really nice. This one sucks..."
- "Mine's dead..."
- (as I hand someone a light) "Ha! How many do you carry?"
- "Mine's dead, too..."
- (as I hand over another light) "Thanks. No S***! This is really nice! How many do you carry!?!"
- "Why do you carry so many lights... uh, mine's dead, too."
- (as I hand over a third light) "Ha! You must be cazy do carry so many flashlights... Gee, the light they keep in this drawer is dead, too..."
- "Wow! That light is so small and bright."
- "Gee, this light is great. You got this at Target? Ten bucks with batteries and it's so lightweight!" (a RR AAA).
- "Do you have another one?"
- "How come you have so many lights?... Uh, that was a kinda dumb question, wasn't it?"

Yep, that was a dumb question. :grin2:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys need stuff like Thors modified to HID for longer runtime that you can point upwards and reflect off the ceiling.. :D

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Alas! I usual only carry one (Minim*g with LUXIII).

BUT! I work out of my truck. And there are SEVERAL more lights just that close.

And even with two pretty well drained NimH in my EDC it still put out usefull light.

TorchMan

Enlightened
KevinL said:
You guys need stuff like Thors modified to HID for longer runtime that you can point upwards and reflect off the ceiling.. :D

Isn't it bad for HIDs to point them upward? Only certain brands or models, or all of them, if true?