"purse light" required

Paladin

Enlightened
Not for me! But "she who must be obeyed" keeps taking my low output EDC's and resists returning them. The River Rock 2aaa was returned as "too long" eventually. The Inova X1 tail cap required too much pressure to activate, and she dislikes twisties(goes the wrong way and unscrews the end cap?!).

And like a fool, I showed her a Fenix L2P. That is THE rear switch she wants. And she wants a single AA body. But two cells is too long, and a CR123 size too "fat".

So what are my options to ensure her paws will stay off MY lights? I am kicking myself for not getting an extra single cell body with the L2P! Getting a complete L1P for her would be so redundant. Maybe an L1T engraved with her name would settle the matter once and for all?!

What OTHER options have a rear clickie switch, and use a single AA cell? An arbitrary limit of $50 so loss won't be too traumatic later. Output equal or preferably greater than the X1(reflector model). Thx,

Paladin

Tremendo

Enlightened
My wife has an L1P in her purse, I EDC a MillerMods L1P. Next week I get a FireFly3, which should become my new EDC. The L1P is a good solid little light that's pretty bright. I'd get her the L1T, if I bought it now.

paulr

Flashaholic
This sounds like a no brainer. If she likes the L2p except it's too long, get her an L1p or L1t. Anyway, she sounds like a budding flashaholic, which means there is no one light that will keep satisfying, she will always want more, just like you and the rest of us. Be happy that you have found such a compatible spouse ;).

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tremendo said:
My wife has an L1P in her purse, I EDC a MillerMods L1P. Next week I get a FireFly3, which should become my new EDC. The L1P is a good solid little light that's pretty bright. I'd get her the L1T, if I bought it now.

I am with Tremendo, the L1T will fit her needs for an under $50 AA light with clickie. The two-stage switching head is an added bonus so she will want a U2 later. :)

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Triton P1? She is probably less concerned with the absolute brightest and best throw and the switch is easier to operate with true momentary on. The "controlled flood" is actually better for closer distances. The edges are also more rounded and comfortable and the finish will handle jostling around in a purse better.

Oh yeah, they are a bit cheaper too :).

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
a single AA body = LRI Proton..Its smaller then L1P/L1T by a mile..

Advantage (over other lights) is Dimmable, Simple UI, Long Lasting, Different Modes and if she wants to look in to her purse ... other (luexon based) could blind her of the reflecton of some thing or other... especialy the non dimmable lights...

Oh.. did i Mention Standard Side Click Switch... (it could resolve issue of Twisties)

Maybe an L1T engraved with her name

I dont know about if Custom Engraving is going to be an option on L1T, but for Proton, there sure is one... and for around $60 .... You cant go wrong...

visit http://www.photonlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1314 for more information on Proton Light... yes engraving would cost additional.. but then it's personalization...

Lumenz

Enlightened
ViReN: Based on Paladin's post, I am assuming he wants a light for his significant other sometime this year, not in another decade when the Proton finally hits the shelves.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Advancemart clickie that Vincent reviewed lately.

http://store.advancedmart.com/5waposiledke.html

yhst-2031987573235_1896_1197189

Either that or the Inova T2 if she wants a clickie.

randyo

Enlightened
People are "dumping" L1P's. Buy an L1P and use the body with the L2P head. The remainder is just "spare parts". The L2P head positively ROCKS on a single AA battery.
You can use the leftover L2P body with the L1P head - stick in an AA battery with a dummy battery, or if you're brave just run it on 2 AA batteries. It will survive for short duration usage on 2 batteries. The L2P size makes a great tool box / glove box light.
The other option is to spend $18 on the CR123 body and use that with the tail switch & L2P head.

CR123 Body

sniper

Enlightened
At the risk of being too plebian, my lady carries one of two Mini Mags, one with an MJLED kit, the other with a Nite Ize. No complaints, except the MMags are "too heavy". Showed her my Inova X1, ond offered to buy her one, but she says it's not much lighter, and to her, "really expensive." Oh well... :)