• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired miniFLuPIC **Round 2 Sign-up**

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have decided to do another round of these. More info on the mod can be found here.
This light REQUIRES a Li-ion battery (AAA size) which is NOT INCLUDED.
Sorry, but I can not mod existing lights as this mod requires an uncrimped head.

CHANGE #1 from Round 1 would be the use of ArcAAA bodies and heads. The light would be a 2-tone (black HA body with HA Nat head).

CHANGE (OPTION) #2 will be the option of a premium bin SX0H LuxI for an additional $7. Recall that these are output binned at 350mA and will be pushed to around 500mA. This will be a very bright light!!

cyarc8sm.jpg

COST: The cost is $100 which includes worldwide shipping by Canada Post (Small Packet - Air and includes CAN$100 insurance).
As per common CPF sales the purchaser assumes shipping risks in accordance with chosen shipping method.

Paypal (either type) is fine.

PAYPAL INFORMATION: chimopaul [at] rogers [dot] com (non credit card) or padded2004 [at] rogers [dot] com (CC type)
Please include your full shipping address and your CPF name.
If you would like a different type of shipping please contact me via PM before sending paypal.

---------------------

This is the new list:

1. Vortechs (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  2. Walt175 (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  3. Amorphous (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  4. FrenchyLED (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  5. Bogus1 (SX0H) (1) - PAID/SHIPPED
  6. Bogus1 (SX0H) (2) - PAID/SHIPPED
  7. goldserve (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  8. Radio (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  9. Radio (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  10. HVAC (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  11. kiely23+ (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  12. Justone (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  13. Tritium (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  14. kazu (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
  15. Lebkuecher (SX0H) - PAID/SHIPPED
------------------------------------

Thanks, :)

Paul

Last edited:

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE #1
Since the parts have been ordered and are on the way, I will need firm committments from those on the list.

There are many unconfirmed in the first 15. Those people will have until 2000hrs EDT on Friday 19 May to confirm. Otherwise, they will be removed from the list and the queue will move up. LIST UPDATED

I will also need confirmation on the emitter preference (LuxIII TX0H or LuxI SX0H). Posts 61 and 67 in this thread may help you make a decision.

Last edited:

Monolith

Enlightened
How many will you do for this round? If more than the 12, I'm interested.

Last edited:

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
What kind of heads did you use in Round 1? They look like Arc heads but they are black HA. I didn't know Arc released black versions?

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shaocaholica said:
What kind of heads did you use in Round 1? They look like Arc heads but they are black HA. I didn't know Arc released black versions?

They were from Peak (I listed it in the first post of the thread). Peak used to manufacture Arc parts. Arc released black sets - I have a couple. :)

Paul

vortechs

Enlightened
Hi Paul,

I am confirming that I am still interested.

I am patient, so please work on finishing that room in the basement first so that your wife stays happy. I don't want the popularity of your miniFLuPIC ArcAAA mod to become a source of marital strife.

I will patiently wait for you to have the free time to work on a second batch. In the meantime, perhaps we will even get some feedback from the owners of the first batch with some ideas to make this great mod even better.

Justone

Newly Enlightened
I am in for one again. I got one from first round. This is a great light.The polished reflector is amaging.

It would be nice, if we can get a littlre bit different program from goldserve for this run, like Max comes first without sacrificing one level. Justone.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking...for this light, what if everyone collectively designed the first interface.

I could replace the existing user interface one.

I propose to leave out all level and strobe adjustments to the other modes.

Since in this light, only one LDO regulator is used so highest level = burst so no need to put in burst. I propose:

1. LEVEL1 (x/20) -> LEVEL2 (x/20) -> STROBE (4-15hz) -> BEACON (BLINK, pause 3 seconds) -> OFF -> OFF -> CHANGE MODE
2,3,4,5. All the same

I like the addition of a BEACON MODE