My Streamlight Clipmate is broken

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It rides in the door pocket of my truck. For a few months a 3C M*g was in the same pocket over it.

One of the pieces that retains the head seperated from the body. It still works if I hold it together, but what good does THAT do me?

To make matters worse, I can't locate my "Clipmate Clone" Optronics headlamp which is functionally VERY similar.

ARGH!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a few extra optronics cliplights and LED/incan headlamps if you absolutely need one. PM me if interested.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have more than a few other headlamps, including the excellent River Rock.

My Clipmate was loaded with Lith AAAs so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

The Optronics is still readily available at Walmart, so thanks! but no thanks.

Just had another thought. I have a NiteIze head strap extra that I could drop in the door pocket. That would hold my EDC or I could throw an extra NiteIze Mini in the door as easily. I'd like to see a 3C destroy a mini like it did this plastic SL!

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
I doubt that you can really call lights similar to Streamilight's Clip-Mate clones. Streamlight was one of the later entries into the same style. They're probably all produced by the same exporter.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
You could be right Empath.

As I recall the Optronics is VERY much like the Streamlight. For that matter, it probably wouldn't last any longer anyhow!

I'm definately going to do the headstrap/minim*g thing now!