What is your MagLite LED - BUDGET ??

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Jeepers - I was just thinking to myself that I know I'll probably buy every LED light that Mag comes out with - regardless. I won't be able to wait until they are thoroughly tested - and I just know they will be pretty good.

Will this never end !!!!!!!!

dragoman

Enlightened
Pretty much same here......I'll prob end up with at least the new 2AA and 3AA minimags.....plus the drop in modules for the other mags I have.

dragoman

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll definitely buy one the first time I see them at the store. I believe the 2D is supposed to be the first to be released? Then I'll buy a 3D when it comes out. I wonder if it'll be brighter than the 2D, or just have longer runtime. But the ones I'm really craving are the 2AA and 3AA models. As far as a budget for them goes, well I've been saving for several months now by taking all the $1 bills out of my wallet at the end of the day. I have well over $250 saved so far. Now of course all that won't be spent on MagLEDs, but a good chunk of it will.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I buy any more M/\Gs, they'll be hosts. Other than that, there is so much cool new stuff out there (and more every day) that I'd rather spread my limited flashlight dollars around to somebody who's out there with a newer company and trying to make it.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag budget is 0 at the moment, unless they come up with a price point to tempt me beyond my current inventory of Dorcy 3xD 1W LEDs (excellent big light), Fenixes, EL's, (modded) Dorcy 1AA's and 1AAA's, etc.

Latecomers will have to work harder...

Scythe_rr

Newly Enlightened
However much the solitaire version costs, as the incan version is a POS and i can't get the arc AAA (easily) in the UK.
All the other ones i don't realy need.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will likely pick up the 2AA version and possibly the 3AA version eventually, but I will wait and see how they shake out in Quickbeams reviews at the very least and possibly till definitive reactions start here. Working for so many years in the automotive industry makes me wait for a while before buying new products so they have time to work out the bugs.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I will most definetly be acquiring one of the 2AA Minimags, just to compare it with the TLE-5 mods. And I will probably get one of the 3D LED replacement modules for comparison to the Diamond Terralux DB-3W.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My budget? $0.00

I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, since there's nothing Mag will be able to do that 3rd party companies haven't been doing (and probably better) already for the past year. I'll gladly eat my hat if this isn't the case, but I think my hats are safe.

I do see one advantage, and that's if regular people start seeing more expensive, LED based Mags, our Fenixes and such won't seem as expensive anymore. To these people, $35 for a flashlight expensive, but $35 for a Mag isn't expensive because it's a Mag. And then they might get more interested in "real" flashlights.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'll grab a 2AA minimagLED - I think it's worth evaluating for myself after thoroughly reading through their patent application. I doubt I'd go for the larger drop-ins as I already have smaller and more powerful incans and LED lights.

Latest posts