Funny pricing!

jgdawes

Newly Enlightened
If you'd like to have a quick laugh I suggest you look at the flashlight section of this U.K. website (www.heinnie.com) and then check the Surefire prices. One of my favourites is the Surefire M6 for £371 or $700! Those living in the U.S. should be very grateful.

Sgtbjs

Newly Enlightened
It's no better on this side of the world either. I was in a local knife store and was interested to see a Surefire 6p. then I had a look at the price - $249.95 Australian. that about $193 US.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am the winner???:sssh:

A M6 in Germany costs 706.25$ at a normally cheap store.

That's crazy:mecry::mecry::mecry:

Best regards

____
Tom

jgdawes

Newly Enlightened
Long john you are indeed the winner. Maybe I should e-mail heinnie and ask them to increase their prices again. Strangely the last time I checked their prices it was £296 for the M6 and not £371, obviously I mis-read the price!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess the prices are high because the demand is low (basically none).
If these non-USA Dealers were shifting as much product as a USA Dealer or one in Asia then the prices would decrease.

Al

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Al:)

Yes and no, I think the biggest problem is the custom. A simple Mag2D costs here more than 45$.
I think, the sellers here don't pay much more to surefire or other brands than american sellers. Surely the price must be higher because in warranty cases there are a lot of shipping costs. But so incredible high????

Best regards

____
Tom

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the standard warranty period in the US was 90 days or three months.

In the UK the warranty period is 356 days or 12 months.

or am i wrong.

mabe that adds to the price a bit.

regards.

jgdawes

Newly Enlightened
In the case of the M6 the extra $300 over the surefire.com price (heinnie.com) does seem to be greed. Shipping costs may be around $20 per item and then VAT could account for another $70. That leaves $210 profit over and above the profit Surefire will make on their price of $400. Also, at these prices it's not suprising very few are sold. I am going to write to the company tomorrow to ask them about it.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Thinder Box

Isn't it lifetime warranty in the USA?

@ jgdawes

That's a good idea. I'm anxious for the result.

Best regards

______
Tom

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought Surefire could only be advertised at MSRP. Maybe that is Surefire's pricing or perhaps it's OK to sell at MSRP and above. Either way, odd.

-LT

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG, those are horrible prices!! My lord, I feel sooooo bad for you guys that are stuck with those insane prices!!

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
TKC said:
OMG, those are horrible prices!!

Yep, most of us outside the US find it cheaper to just buy from a dealer who will ship via international mail and pay the appropriate customs fees (none in Australia if under $1000) than pay a local distributor.

There is no real difference in warranty or service as usually the local guy will just return it to the overseas supplier anyway, so it pays to have a spare in case anything happens.