Who makes River Rock?

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I searched the name on Google, and all I get are websites that talk about lights made by this company, but not the company itself. What company produces River Rock lights? Anyone know?

carrot

Flashaholic
The 1AAA and 2AAA lights are rebranded Nuwai. The 2AA, 2C, and similar looking lights are rebranded Aurora. The headlamp is made by Shenzhen or something like that. No one's really sure about the lantern, AFAIK.

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm...I wonder why they "rebrand" them. I would think that would just confuse people about what they're buying. Maybe that's the idea! It made me wonder since there was an Aurora 2AA at Target at one time, and then suddenly it was the River Rock name on the same light, repriced down to $9.88 temporarily, and I bought one.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't know about you, but I've come to trust the "River Rock" brand as being an overall good value for lights. I suspect Target's less enlightened customers may do the same, assuming they've tried the RR brand.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am with you Carrot, I have found RR to be very reliable and a very good value for the money so far. They certainly bring a decent light at a decent price to the masses, and so far, at least in my case by giving them away, have introduced a lot of people to the advantages of LED flashlights.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my 2C RR LED. It is a great light for a little money.

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
Carrot:

I'm with you on this too. I have the RR 2AAA which I bought based on advice I got here. I think it beats the heck out of anything else I had prior to it for the price. And I'm mostly into the cheaper stuff. Since then, I bought the 2AA version when it went on sale. It has some faults, but was worth the $9.88.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
The 1AAA and 2AAA lights are rebranded Nuwai. The 2AA, 2C, and similar looking lights are rebranded Aurora.

To add on to Carrot's post, Nuwai's are rebranded Skykuang lights (Shykuang brand can be told by the TM-series P/Ns). The Auroras (and all other ALX-series P/N lights) are made by a company with the initials H.K....not sure what it stands for. This info was given to me by a Skykuang distributor located in HK. He's on the site now and then also.

Latest posts