AIM Conversation with Non-Enlightend Folk..

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
[18:23] Coldsolderjoint: w00t
[18:23] ....21543: 1337
[18:25] Coldsolderjoint: sup?
[18:25] Coldsolderjoint: im at work..
[18:25] Coldsolderjoint: and.
[18:25] Coldsolderjoint: i bought a new flashlight
[18:26] ....21543: more flashlights ed what the hell u need all them for
[18:26] Coldsolderjoint: this one will be kept in my backpack
[18:28] Coldsolderjoint: SL Scorpian, 2xCR123 plus clicky tail cap. spot to flood reflector, spare bulb.. and I got it for a good price..

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Conversation looks familiar!!!

That's almost the same conversations I have with my friends when I tell them I purchased a new flashlight.

nc987

Enlightened
You should have seen the look on all my non-flashaholic friends when i returned home this weekend and pulled out my hf hid at a housewarming party. About 3 people asked within 10 seconds "and whats the purpose of owning that?"

Some people will just never understand.

ianb

Enlightened
nc987 said:
...About 3 people asked within 10 seconds "and whats the purpose of owning that?"

Some people will just never understand.
So true!!!
Picture it...I am excited to have a new light, having decided between loads to get the best one for my need(or lumen craving) and I get a response like the one above. Then I feel totally deflated and don't feel like showing them any again, especially if theres a power outage they can enjoy the dark :D
Ian B

WNG

Enlightened
Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one, like the saying goes.
As I get older, I have discovered and accepted that there are a lot of stupid people in the world. They manage to get by making a living and have a lemming's existence. They really aren't self-sufficient and don't really know much, but behave like they are mental giants.

Such people can't be 'enlightened' by any subject or thing that requires thinking or conceptual processing. State of the Art is an unknown phrase.
I no longer bother to explain things to such people, they are a waste of time.
Take the conversation to a level above them, and you might as well speak to them like an Ewok.
:)

No one has the right to voice their criticism unless if it impacts them directly.
Or if you are indulging beyond your means...then it's a problem.

That's why birds of a feather flock together. Those who share your passion or disease, can relate and grasp the value of your hobby.
Whenever someone tries to share with me their passion/disease/hobby (hahaha), I keep an open mind and reserve my opinion to myself.

Last edited:

Englander

Newly Enlightened
ianb said:
I feel totally deflated and don't feel like showing them any again, especially if theres a power outage they can enjoy the dark :D
Ian B

At this point i randomly start shining them in their eyes temporarily to vent my anger, yes i know its wrong, and i do not condone this behavour, in fact i warn against it, it can upset collegues when they cannot continue to do their job properly for 20 minutes because their eyes are screwed... not to mention its probably doing some sort of damage to their eyes. Thankfully i dont buy many lights..

Craig.

WNG

Enlightened
Englander said:
At this point i randomly start shining them in their eyes temporarily to vent my anger, yes i know its wrong, and i do not condone this behavour, in fact i warn against it, it can upset collegues when they cannot continue to do their job properly for 20 minutes because their eyes are screwed... not to mention its probably doing some sort of damage to their eyes. Thankfully i dont buy many lights..

Craig.

Hahahh! Sorry for the devilish indulgence.
I say don't bother shining them in their eyes...just hand it over to them to gawk at it....you know how the 'unenlightened' are, they'll turn it on and look straight into it. Blinding themselves.
Then you can say, "That wasn't very 'bright' of you....I can see you wouldn't have a clue as to how to use such high-end tools."