Dorcy Super 1Watt Carry Options

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got one of these a few weeks ago and it has really been growing on me. I'm liking it more than my E1 GM.
The tint seems very white and pleasant, at least to my aging eyes, and it is a good and acceptable compromise of throwing spot and sidespill for me

I'm wondering if anyone has options for keyring or pocket/belt clip carry. Also any pouches for belt use?

Allnew2me

Enlightened
I got one last week and really like that little light a lot. I put a tight-fitting O-ring on the first and last grooves on the body, which helps to hang on to it, and ran a lighthound lanyard through the tailcap one. It is very secure if you get a small enough O-ring and the lanyard is nice also. I used the wrist lanyard but tried the neck lanyard also and it isn't too bad to carry it that way. The neck version they sell has a quick disconnect so you can take it off.

colubrid

Enlightened
Is this the 123 battery version you guys are reffering to or the larger 3 xAAA version?

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
1XCR123. I find it fits my hands perfectly. Pick one up and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always resell it. You will definately find buyers for this light. This torch is a real sleeper and a bargain for the price.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get hold of a Nuwai Q3 pouch, it fits the Dorcy perfectly. Given it's silvery finish, I just throw it into my pocket bare. Other than pocket lint, any scratches that it sustains won't stand out like they would on a light with a black anodized finish. And since the surfaces on the Dorcy are smooth, you don't have to be concerned about it tearing your pockets like the Q3 might.

webley445 said:
I'm wondering if anyone has options for keyring or pocket/belt clip carry. Also any pouches for belt use?

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Hello. I just found out that it works pretty good in the Inova X5 belt holster. I have a white X5 and a blue one. I had both on my duty belt and since I just got a super one watt and don't use the blue X5 much, I figured I'd put the super one watt in there and it fits perfectly.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Mine is wrapped in "Sport Tape" (couple bucks at Wallyworld). That lets a minim*g accessory clip get a good hold on it.

I clip it in the rear part of my right front pocket when I carry it.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
My goodness! Bad case of not seeing the trees for the forest. Thank you! Hadn't even given Reeline a thought, even though they should have been an obvious choice.

Tesla said:
The Dorcy is the same size as the Surefire E1L. A Ripoffs brand CO-37 should fit both.

danielo_d

Enlightened
I second PBJS,

I bought the MiniMag Accessory pack from Target for $1.99 IIRC.
the clip is a tight fit on the Dorcy 123 Super 1 Watt.
I also use the lanyard on the clip at times.

I put the Antiroll bezel on the old Minimag that has the NiteIze module.
My 4 1/2 year old daughter appropriated it to drive away the monsters in the closet.

I Don't use the filters, though.

Hope this helps.

btw, I am considering finding a holster, too. Let me know if that Ripoffs model works good for you.

zulu45

Enlightened
Another suggestion would be to check flea markets. A lot of them, particularly around/at knife booths, will have a little box of various sheaths. I found one, though really made for an asp, that my Surefire 6P fits in perfectly, for $2. Also found one that holds both my Dorcy Super 1 Watt and my Inova X1 at the same time.