inova t3 or t5

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello again, i am looking for a great l.e.d thrower. i was looking at the t5 and i have a t3 and throws good and the regulation is great. any replies will be greatly appreciated

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skalomax:
I have both the T3 and the T5. The T5 is a nice thrower. It has a bit brighter beam than the T3. The bezel on the T5 is a bit bigger and creates a larger hotspot. The T5 gives me about 3hr 15min regulated runtime. It is really nice. The only drawback on the T5 is that it is large. I do recommend the T5 as a good light and LED thrower. I recently acquired a LedLogic Striker VG. It is about the size of a T3 and outthrows every LED light I have. I suspect only the Aleph 3 or HD45 would beat it. Its throw is significantly brighter than any of the Inova's. Its about 110$ at batteryjunction.com.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/ledlogic_strikervg.htm

Good luck finding the light you want.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh i see the striker Vg is a 1 Watt. I was also looking at the Pelican M6 3W it throws excellent. But just looking for a thrower thats reliable and good regulation

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Striker VG is a 3W. It far outthrows the Pelican. No contest, although the Pelican is superbly constructed.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VG has a tighter beam with very good throw compared to the T3.
How is the T5 compared to the VG? I've never seen a T5.

<edit> meant to say versus the VG as the T3 and T5 are compared above...

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also like The elektrolumens light they look pretty aweomse and offer alot of light. I really dont care about the size unless it doesnt exceed 4d mag.

city cop

Newly Enlightened
The T5 and T3 allmost identical beam pattern, but the T5 throws a lil more.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the T3 and T5 Are almost identical? I think im going to go with the Pelican M6, or the Streamlight 3W 2L. Any Reviews on the lights from you guys?

city cop

Newly Enlightened
If your gona go that route, look at the Pentagon L2. I have them all and like it the best by far.