Bought my first PentagonLight

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
...at a gun show in Las Vegas over the weekend. I was there looking for rifle parts and ended up buying a PentagonLight X2 for $45. Not a bad bargain I thought!

It's a nice light, but not at their retail asking price of $89 imho. It is similar in size to a 6P but feels heavier/heftier to me. Plastic lens. It's the hard ano version, and their hard ano is rougher feeling (like a chalkboard) compared to Surefire. Personally I like that rough military-feeling finish, but it may scratch easier than the "polished" HA finishes from Surefire.

One thing I find absolutely ridiculous and has forever turned me off of paying full price for a PentagonLight is the pentagon-shaped flats milled into the tailcap. On a Surefire it's a six-sided "nut," so you have parallel flats to stick a wrench on if you have to. With the PentagonLight this is not possible because there are no parallel flats! It's sheerly cosmetic.

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
I have a PentagonLight L2 and am very happy with it and I am sure will be happy with yours and at that price you can't go wrong.
Now I have to ask this "why on earth would you ever want or need to put a wrench on a tailcap?"

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Maybe if like.. the battery 'splodes and the acid causes the tail cap to get stuck? or an 'splosion causes it to get embedded into something.. a bit of twisting force might help dislodge it?

shooter08

Newly Enlightened
coldsolderjoint said:
Maybe if like.. the battery 'splodes and the acid causes the tail cap to get stuck? or an 'splosion causes it to get embedded into something.. a bit of twisting force might help dislodge it?

LUCY!!! you got some splainin to do. LOL that was pretty funny.

Dave

spoonrobot

Enlightened
there are parallel flats on the pentagonlight tailcap. one is short and one is long. no problem here using a large adjustable wrench to open the tailcap.

hdr_homeimage.jpg

also, all current stock pentagonlights ship with a thick mineral glass lens and have since late september.

good deal though, call and they should send you a replacement glass lens for your light.