Recommended: "Atomic Testing Museum" in Las Vegas, NV.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent the weekend in 'Vegas with the wife for the anniversary... got her a full-monty spa treatment at the Aladdin. Anyway while she was at the spa I went to a gun show and on the way back to the hotel (she was still in the spa) I noticed something new near the corner of Flamingo and Paradise: The Atomic Testing Museum. It covers the history of U.S. nuclear arms and especially the tests that happened in the infamous Nevada DOE test sites (a little in the Bikini island area too).

GREAT museum, interactive displays, lots of artifacts. It's not a huge museum but there's so much info that you could conceivably be in there for eight hours. Lots of in-depth info I've never seen online in my casual+ research about nuclear arms.

Entry fee is $10... seems steep when you first get there, but well worth it imho, especially considering a lousy movie will run you $10.50...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Another good one - similar topic - The National Atomic Museum in Albuqurque (sp) NM - Not too far from the Airport - actually on Kurtland AFB

*Retired*
From the one in Idaho:
nukejet.jpg

nukejet2.jpg

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vegas.

Really enjoyed trip last year.

Spoilt totally by "girlie services" touts on main drag, day and night, every few feet.

Harassment City, they need to clean it up.

Last edited: