Lambda intermittent runtime test...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I performed an extended runtime test on the Lambda Illuminator. This test used Rayovac alks. The test was designed to show the runtime of the Illuminator during intermittent use. The Illuminator was used for 20 minutes and then I let it rest it for 20 minutes. I did datalog the test with my meter, but I will spare you the boredom of the numbers as I set it up to measure in one minute intervals. The Illuminator did run for an AMAZING 280 minutes. This is over 4.5 hours. The batteries can be seen to fall off or 'reset' to a lower voltage level after switching the unit off at the end of a test. I think that Lambda observed this in some alk. batteries. Just figured that you guys would be interested in the 'real world' test of the Illuminator.

Eric

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Eric!

I've not even had the time to do such testing, and appreciate the information. My own 'guess' was about 4 hrs with alk, and maybe stretch that to 6 hours with Energizer E2s or similar.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You are welcome lambda. The batteries are pretty much toast now. There may be a couple more minutes left in them, but thats about it. It took a long time to gather all the runtime info, but I know that Darrell was interested in the test, and I wanted to see how long the light would run being used 20 minutes at a time. The brightness did drop significantly during the last test. It will seem like a different light when I put new batts. in it.

Eric