Fenix L1+ stainless.... explain the price please...

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Errrmm ok, I look in bst and a fenix stainless L1+ light is selling at over 200$... and I see another one today at 150. Ok people, its extremely attractive and is discontinued but why the heck the high butted price???
And why did they stop producing them? Similarity to the LongBow line? I am sure that they wouldve sold better than the L1P.

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL i would make myself a titanium one (with someones help) for that price. i think i would add a silver reflector too and maybe gold springs. add a few tritums(sp?) to the light and it would be perfect.

but seriously,they are dumb to put up that price for something worth less then 50 in the first place. NO ONE HERE will buy them. unless they are VERY VERY in need of that for their collection. they could go try on ebay :p

rscanady

Enlightened
the price is due to the scarcity, the L1+ also can take alkies, NiMH, Lithium AA and Li-ions.

Supply and Demand.

Remember than an items value is what any one person is willing to pay for it, and coupled with the fact that those for sale at a very high price are indeed selling.

Myself, they arent worth it to me.

Vote with your wallet!

Cheers,

Ryan

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags said:
...its extremely attractive and is discontinued... L1P.
I think that pretty much says it all. I don't think many were made so the sellers are (quite reasonably) looking for the one buyer who beholds their potential collector value.

Remember how high Arc AAA's were selling for a little while ago...

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1+ is a totally different light than the L1p.
The output tint is as white as my other surefires led. And the light is tough as hell.

The L1+ are already discontinued and the maker just totally refuse to make any more.
Like the case with Chrome PD; just look at what price they fetch in the B/S/T

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
The L1+ is gone for 4 min.Damn, I want one too..Oh ,and I wiil pay $150 right away..I have extremely rare-Fenix L1 v2.0 , and will never sell it for $150

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe.. someone been looking at my sale? :D

Mags, you probably saw the same L1+ both times, cy sold it to me at first.

I guess it's a simple question of rarity and engineering that isn't found in the normal production version. Often the market will pay more because the object is rare and demand is high. The other thing is that the L1+ was sold at higher prices to begin with and therefore commands a higher value at resale. Fenix made one run of them and never again.

As mentioned, the L1+ has the buck/boost converter with lithium ion support (never tried it though).

It really is a collector's light but I am not in need of a collection at the moment so I felt that someone else might appreciate it more. Need the $$ for other projects. With unlimited funds I would like everything but tough calls have to be made :(

Kinda like the Surefire L6 Porcupine. I feel the U2 has more utility to me but I respect those who find it attractive enough to buy and collect. I highly doubt anybody would use a L6-P in the field. Kinda like many folks who would prefer a more ordinary L1P for field use. It's understandable :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love an L1+ Stainless. It looks fantastic, can use 14500 batteries, and is very robust. Not for $150 though.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about the L1+ too.

People have been complaining that Fenix is a 'mass-produced' light that shouldn't go for more than $15. Although I know this refers to the later offerings, it appears that at least one of their lights have entered 'high-priced collectible' category. :D

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone read my thoughts and think it would be better worth ?

and i must say, buying it for 50+ and selling it for 3 to 4 times the profit rocks :).

Last edited:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMVHO it should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with Chrome PD:devil: However if I had bought one I would also get as much as the market would bear.
C