Fenix Civictor V1

L

LITEmania

That's a new model from Fenix focusing normal (??? I mean ..non-flasholic) potential customers. Yes, it may called a low-end model but good for the price, though.

-warren

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix finally have both ends of the 1AA market covered. L1T for the top end of the market and the V1 for those with limited funds.

Fenix was supposed to cover the low end with the L1, but try buy one of those!!!

Not listed on the Fenix.com website yet.

Without the Fenix name silkscreened on the light itself, wonder how well it will do against the triton, Ultrafire and other new competition.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Since when does Fenix just rebrand/resell generic lights? They don't have Their own logo on the light or the package. What gives?

Bernie

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja wrote: "Fenix finally have both ends of the 1AA market covered. L1T for the top end of the market and the V1 for those with limited funds.
Fenix was supposed to cover the low end with the L1, but try buy one of those!!!"

Quite...
I have one of those early regular plain Fenix L1 v2.5 (Non-Premium) from 4sevens' first GroupBuy on the Fenix L1(P).

I recall LightHound.com had a special run of plain L1 with 'R'-bin LuxI -
which sold out within hours of being posted about on CPF......

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's pretty nice looking. But wassup with that super long pinky nail!?!?!?!?!?!

Seems it's main rivals would be the light AW/Waion are selling (HA Nat version of the L1P by appearance) and the Ultrafire. The Triton, since Waion's no longer carrying the 1W, isn't available for as low a price as when it was first introduced and is now priced closer to the standard L1P.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a V1 next to the L1P :)
71247625-L-1.jpg

x2x3x2

Banned
Where does it say it's from Fenix? Their website doesn't show anything? Anyway Fenix-Store does sell other flashlights besides Fenixes...

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda wondering about this light. It's about $8 cheaper than the L1P, which isn't really that much: the unenlightened will wonder where the price difference comes from, wonder if the L1P is higher quality, and likely still balk at the $30 price tag.

Without seeing test results, I would venture that the V1 and L1P are identical in the "guts", the biggest difference (and cheaper price) coming from the simple twisty switch rather than the clicky. However, $30 is still a high price tag for those used to buying minimags and other cheap lights. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of V1 buyers will be us same old flashaholics, just those who prefer twisties instead of reverse-clickies.

Something tells me Miller will be having fun with these.

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about the way this light turns on. From the anodized threads, I'm guessing that it has a spring in the body and that it turns on by making contact between the body and the heat sink. Is this correct?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
perfectname said:
I'm curious about the way this light turns on. From the anodized threads, I'm guessing that it has a spring in the body and that it turns on by making contact between the body and the heat sink. Is this correct?

That is correct except it makes contact with the pcb instead of the heatsink.
:D