My new EDC

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
I just placed the order on Lighthound.com for a Orb Raw / 2 Stage / With Green Tritium Inserts. Can't wait
popcorn.gif
. I just hope it's here by this weekend! I would have never heard of such a thing if it wasn't for this site. Thanks. My current EDC is a Surefire 6p w/P61. I don't think of this as a replacement, more like a companion. I'll have to try to find some kind of small nylon holster/carrier to keep it from getting scratched up. Has anyone tried bead blasting these?

tattoou2

Enlightened
Good for you! You'll love that little light. It comes with a little screw-apart plastic container that serves very well as an in-pocket carrier/protector.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Just think of the raw as a low level light, with a capabiity to blast lumens out of the front end while on high. If you use high all the time, you only get around 20 minutes of runtime, while low lasts about 4 hours. Although this is off the top of my head, I think I'm close to being right about those runtimes. Heck, I have come to think that I like LOW low levels now anyway, for night reading and whatnot so you dont disturb the Misses!

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
My 6p w/ p61 is rated at 20 minutes, but I get a few days out of the batteries. I just use it a little here and there. I keep a Ultra Stinger in the truck for extended use. I imagine running the little thing on high for all my odd and end use and just swapping for the spare battery I ordered when it dimms. :candle:

Latest posts