Smooth clicky, barely a Donut, One guess

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
A POSITIVE U2 EXPERIENCE!!!
Recieved my U2 today from Tactical Supply. WOW. Such a fantastic U2! The lowest mode has a slight SLIGHT warm tint, but it makes my Q3 and ledbeam look like very purple and very green tints. The donut is barely noticable, on a white wall, it doesnt even apear in action anyplace else. There are no finger prints on the reflctor, there apears to be a LITTLE bit of dust, but its hard to tell with it being stippled. I just hate hearing the negative stories of this light, it is a fantastic setup. Maybe im just one of the lucky ones. I feel as if my other lights will gather dust from now on.

ANW

Newly Enlightened
Congrats to you on your U2, I bought mine friday, but sadly was not that lucky as far as barely noticeable donut hole. So far it seems like a great light, i'm sure you'll enjoy it, other than the donut hole l know l like mine and have many uses for it.:)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
nakahoshi said:
A POSITIVE U2 EXPERIENCE!!!
Recieved my U2 today from Tactical Supply. WOW. Such a fantastic U2! The lowest mode has a slight SLIGHT warm tint, but it makes my Q3 and ledbeam look like very purple and very green tints. The donut is barely noticable, on a white wall, it doesnt even apear in action anyplace else. There are no finger prints on the reflctor, there apears to be a LITTLE bit of dust, but its hard to tell with it being stippled. I just hate hearing the negative stories of this light, it is a fantastic setup. Maybe im just one of the lucky ones. I feel as if my other lights will gather dust from now on.

Way to go nakahoshi - LOL with the play words on the thread I started.
As for my U2, I brought it to Wisconsin this weekend, and as much as I like to eat donuts, I don't like seeing them coming out of my flashlight... it was too noticeable (even at greater distances) to be acceptable.

It's good to know that there does exist such a flashlight... I see a light at the end of the tunnel... and this light doesn't have a donut!!!

john

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
John, yeah, i hope you a better U2. Its sad that the U2 is still a concept in the works, you would think it would be all tweaked out by now. I figured the play on your thread because i wanted to show people there is at least 1 good U2 story as of late. My KL4 head is at surefire as we speak, wonder how that is going to turn out. Good luck

-bobby

faucon

Enlightened
Congrats. I'm one of the lucky ones, too---my U2 has good tint and virtually no donut hole. I got mine on Ebay for a good price. But I did have the notorious clickie switch problems, and I'm on my second tailcap. Other than that, I'm pleased.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Smooth clicky, barely a Donut, One guess *update*

HOLY FREAPHAPPEN HOOPERNITTY!!! *
I just took the U2 out for a test drive, and just my luck, the first night i have my light, its a foggy night! WOW! the light on high just brings daylight to everything in front of you! the entire side of a 2 story house, and the woods line, i can see a good 30 feet into the forest, and all the creepy yellow eyes come alive. Its just so much light, and it makes my other lights look just horrible!
The donut is so slightly visible indoors on a white wall, but outside there was just no sign, not on low or high, not close to a wall or far away, this light ROCKS! My dad was impressed, but my mom just converted the price into the last grocery bill and said she hopes i dont expect to eat much for the next couple weeks. Well, I would like to endorse the CPF diet! Whenever your hungry, just buy a light instead!! Well, again, this is my most worth while purchase to date, and i cant wait to use this light! Its still too early to EDC, i cant imagine loosing it, even the mighty surefire guarantee wouldnt help me there.

*Wow, that flashlight sure is bright, may i blind the forest night life?