Lambda Versus Streamlight Stinger - Too Close To Call

Empath

Flashaholic
From the photos it looks like the Stinger was far brighter. The Lambda had different graduations of color over a larger area, but the hot beam looks much more powerful for the Stinger. Of course I'm only looking at a photo. Maybe you had to be there.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Empath,

I dunno, you might be right. Being right there I experienced a broad, warm, even colored white light vs. a harsh, focused, edgy spot of yellow light kind of thing...

Maybe I should stand further back next time, to show the "corona" of the Stinger.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr BULK, too bad cameras don't always capture what the eye sees, eh? I know what you mean - just try photographing UV LEDs and their resulting photofluorescence on dayglo objects!

Anyways, got a question for ya - how does the Lambda fare against the Stinger over longer distances, say 50 feet, eyeball-wise? That hotspot looks like its got some throw...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
how does the Lambda fare against the Stinger over longer distances, say 50 feet, eyeball-wise? That hotspot looks like its got some throw...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, unfortunately for throw the technology is still in favor of the incandescents. That's why I ordered the UltraStinger! But it is bright enough that 20 yards away I actually CAN see the leaves of the trees, etc., but dimly.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Charlie, what is that silver-colored light at the extreme left of the photo in your signature line?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Naw, unfortunately for throw the technology is still in favor of the incandescents. That's why I ordered the UltraStinger! But it is bright enough that 20 yards away I actually CAN see the leaves of the trees, etc., but dimly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you still think incandescents have an advantage in long throw beam brightness. Hmm, guess you've never played with the right LED light yet.

I've got one that works easily out to 300+ feet and more. It's been my walk the dog EDC for some time now.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:
So, you still think incandescents have an advantage in long throw beam brightness. Hmm, guess you've never played with the right LED light yet.

I've got one that works easily out to 300+ feet and more. It's been my walk the dog EDC for some time now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lambda, lets see the pics!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
Charlie, what is that silver-colored light at the extreme left of the photo in your signature line?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kogatana,

You mean in the package? If so, it only looks silver. It is in fact a LightWave 4000, still unopened.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, then you must've sent me the wrong light...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigHonu:
lambda, lets see the pics!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:

Yeah!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, here.

From 15ft: Lambda Illuminator on right, Lambda "walk the dog" on the left.

wtd1.jpg

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigHonu:
Impressive!

Let me guess: lightly resistored, 2 123's, Brinkman LX body?

For sale?

Aloha
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, actually brighter for the long distance viewing than even the unreleased Ultra. No resistors were used in the construction of this flashlight...........

Oh, and I forgot to add; focusable beam....

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay....put me down for your first pre-order again.
grin.gif

WOW...that is a SERIOUS light man! Looks like LEDs are giving incans a run for their money!

I can't wait to hear more about this light. And if you ever start making those too...let us know. I'd pay WELL over 45 dollars for something like that!

moraino

Enlightened
Nope, actually brighter for the long distance viewing than even the unreleased Ultra. No resistors were used in the construction of this flashlight...........

Oh, and I forgot to add; focusable beam....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lamda,

If that's your direct drive 3D, are you gonna make a regulator for it so it will maintain that britness?

Boy, it will be bright for a LONG time.

Henry

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moraino:
Lamda,

If that's your direct drive 3D, are you gonna make a regulator for it so it will maintain that britness?

Boy, it will be bright for a LONG time.

Henry
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guessed it; it's the original Lambda 3D Cell Direct Drive, with Illuminator circuit for that extra brightness to see far into the night.

Focus the beam for flood to light up a whole area, or tight focus for that piercing brightness that reaches out and touches someone............

3Ddriect.jpg
3ddriec2.jpg

yclo

Flashaholic*
No resistors were used in the construction of this flashlight...........
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice, lemme guess, doubles as a hand warmer too?
grin.gif

And 6V!?!?!?

YC

signals

Newly Enlightened
Lambda, you are going to get more of my money when you start selling those ;-)

If you keep this up, by next year all of my "daily use" flashlights will be made by you...

Any idea how long it will last on a set of batteries yet?

-Kevin