Another new LED lantern Eddie Bauer *now modded*

VWTim

Enlightened
I had a gift certificate I got a while back for doing a survey. So checking back what they had in stock on the website I see a new lantern. 4C batteries, collapsible, 6 5mm LED's. $14.50 Got some batteries for it today and I'm not really impressed, but with a draw of 110 mA it should run for a LONG time. I'm also thinking of swapping the Led's to 26 or 33 Mcd's and resistoring the current to a safe level for them.

Here's a pic off the Eddie Bauer site.

http://images.eddiebauer.com/is/ima...sharpen=1&resMode=trilin&op_usm=0.5,1.0,0.0,0

Well, I called EB about a broken pivot pin and they sent me another one and told me to keep the broken one. So now I have the original w/ 6x33Mcd's. Each LED getting ~27mA, so it's going to run a LONG time.

Second lantern got a SX1J that's ran off 3C's with a 2 Ohm resistor inline. My Multimeter here doesn't read mA over 250, so I'll have to wait and see what it's drawing. Makes for a decent light. I can't compare them back to back because I need more C cells. This is what happens when I've got mod parts lying around.

Last edited: