Combat grip for SL TL3?

40glocker

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a way to get a combat grip on my TL3. Something along the lines of a G2Z grip, or more likely, a SL NF2 grip. I'm wondering if the ring from a NF2 can be put on a TL3 (I don't have a NF)? I'm a cop, and the reason I use a G2Z is because of the grip. But other than that, I am a Streamlight fan.

Any ideas for making my TL3 a little more 'tactical?'

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how secure this grip is, but this is what I was figuring to try out.

see pics

re nf2 grip ring... according to the little pamphlet manual that came with the tl3, the body diameter of the nf2 is .88" and the tl2/3 is .9". Don't know if the ring will fit correctly or not.

tl3_lanyard.jpg

tl3_hand_open.jpg
tl3inhand.jpg

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting question.

I find the bodies of the TL-3, and TL-2, to be so "grippy" that a ring is unnecessary for me.

40glocker

Newly Enlightened
They are no doubt grippy - great lights. I'm looking to use the light with a grip similar to what Vector Joe is showing - the so-called "Rogers Surefire Technique." To do that, I'll need a ring of some type. I think I'll try to find a grommet at Home Depot.

40glocker

Newly Enlightened
Vector, that is a creative use of the lanyard. I normally don't keep lanyards on my lights. I'll hook it up and let you know whta I think.