Inova's (excellent) warranty service

rider

Newly Enlightened
Last week I sent an Inova T3 back to Emissive Energy due to an odd beam profile. It showed up at their doorstep on a Monday afternoon, and Friday morning the postman dropped off a Priority Mail package on my porch containing a retail-boxed replacement, even including another set of cells.

I was impressed by the prompt service. I also felt a little satisfaction at the thought that the slight premium I paid over the price of some random Chinese light actually bought me something on the back end. I know even though they are tough little lights, Inova seems to use relatively conservative designs, but my Inovas are beginning to become some of my favorite affordable lights.

rider

Newly Enlightened
I actually posted here about it- the circle of the center spot was half perfectly round and smooth, the other half kind of jagged and spiky. It was the dichotomy that was irritating. The center spot on the new one has minor artifacts about its perimeter, but it's uniform. It's nothing to do with the TIROS-induced peripheral rings, just the edge of the center spot.