Chocoholic

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats your favorite chocolate and how often do you take it?
Any chocohlic here?

I ve been eating chocolate everyday without fail for the past 3 months.
There something about those Hershey's that makes me need to have one during tea time.
They are just so Yummy and too often I hear them say "eat me!" :drool:

COOKIES & CREAM CHOC

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG!!! I am a chocaholic. My Mom got me hooked on Fannie May from the time I was a little kid. I was so sad when they closed and was ordering my fix online. Then they opened again
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
yeh!!! For a while there, I thought I might have to munch on my dog, LOL! Ha Ha. I am so addicted to chocolate, I eat it every day. Love the stuff!

smile.gif
smile.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only eat dark chocolate, with at least 70% cocoa content...
drool2.gif
However, I don't eat it every day, just once in a while... :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like chocalte eclairs the kind that come frozen or perhaps they all come frozen i dodnt think id like em if they wasnt a little frozen

Donovan

Enlightened
I love dark chocolate also! It's certainly not an everyday item but I do enjoy it.

I really love the Godiva dark chocolate truffles as well as the Cappuccino.

Lindt makes great extra dark stuff, they even have an 85% bar!

Ghirardelli is one chocolate maker who suprisingly doesn't make great dark chocolate IMHO...

Herseys special dark to me is actually rather good tasting inexpensive chocolate. They even make a special dark version of their chocolate syrup that is great on ice cream! I have also seen Hersheys Extra dark.

Ferroro Rocher is horrible!!! Avoid this stuff!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another dark choc freak here :p

Also take toblerone, ritter sport, some french chocs from overseas (dun rembr the brand), Hanuta (wafer + choc) and lots more.

MoonRise

Enlightened
Hershey's Special Dark used to be 'up there' for me.

Then I had some Ghirardelli Bittersweet. :grin2:

Now the HSD isn't quite so special to my tastebuds anymore.

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
what you guys need is some good british milk chocolate.

from cadburys or nestley.

I dont want to upset anybody "again".

but i asked my one of my friends who was going to the US, to bring me back a hershey bar.

Now i am a certifed Chocoholic, but this hershey tasted and smelt like vomit, mabe it had gone bad.

regards.

MoonRise

Enlightened
Nah, I really don't want milk in my chocolate, I want -chocolate- in my chocolate.

I don't want the coco butter taken out, I don't want vegetable oil/fat added or substituted, I don't want it to be primarily a sugar bar.

When I want chocolate, I want it to be chocolate.

Candy bars are NOT chocolate.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the Hershey chocolate tastes like sour milk. I prefer the taste of Cadbury products for domestic (Canadian) chocolate.

I like the 70% Lindt dark chocolate but find the 85% too bitter. I used to buy Sorotti (sp?) dark chocolate bars. They were from Germany and were 60 or 65%. They had a great taste (a little bit nutty) and a nice snap to them. Before they stopped selling them here they had changed them and the snap was gone and they tasted more like dark fudge than dark chocolate.

I like the extra creamy Lindt milk chocolate, but even better is the Bernard Callebaut (Canadian/Belgian) milk chocolate (http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/users/folder.asp). If my wife can't think of a present for my birthday or other event I'm always happy with a one pound bar of their milk chocolate.

I'll take the fifth on the question of how much I eat. :)

I used to also like the Rowntree products (Smarties, Kit-Kat, Arrow bars) but since Nestle bought them out in Canada they changed the chocolate to be more sugary and less creamy so I hardly ever buy their products.

Greg

marcspar

Enlightened
I've always been a fan of very dark chocolate. I used to eat all the extra dark bars out of the Hersheys mixes. [then the krsipy ones, followed by the peanut and then the 'plain' milk chocolate]

My grown-up favorites were Joseph Schmidt, Valrhona & Scharffen Berger....

But then I discovered the Chuao variety from Amedei (Italy) and there is no going back; this the best chocolate I ever tried. Warning: expensive!

http://www.chocosphere.com/cgi-bin/...age=/Products/amedei.html&cart_id=5366302_300

Marc

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
TinderBox (UK) said:
what you guys need is some good british milk chocolate.
from cadburys or nestley.

I dont want to upset anybody "again".

but i asked my one of my friends who was going to the US, to bring me back a hershey bar.

Now i am a certifed Chocoholic, but this hershey tasted and smelt like vomit, mabe it had gone bad.

regards.

Cadburys lacks flavor, and passes the lack of flavor off as being "smooth". Nestle has a flat taste. Hershey is the definitive taste in chocolate.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hershey certainly has a unique flavore.:sick2:

I remember hearing somewere about when the US, started making chocolate.

The first shippement of milk from the UK, had gone sour on the voyage, resulting in the unique flavour.

I found this website, and a review of Hershey chocolate

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_indprod?ltrev=72&xlc=77

regards.

Last edited:

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you need to specify what country's Cadbury you are talking about. Some of the Cadbury candy bars sold in Canada are make in the UK and the chocolate on them tastes different than the Canadian-made Cadbury chocolate.

Greg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i saw on tv and the guy had real 100% chocalate and no one could eat it.the show was ham on the street.i guess they was saying its very biter

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a chocoholic, but had to give it up to wean myself from caffeine addiction. I don't really think about chocolate anymore, and I'm ok with that.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best candy or chocolate bars I've ever had were from Germany, called Milka bars. They are milk chocolate sectioned in squares with a hard creme in them.
Also, my favorite candy ever is Kinder Eggs from Germany. They're hallow eggs with a plastic container in them. In the container is a prize, I've gotten things like figurines, trains, spaceships, even a little castle. These fed my sweet tooth and gumball prize addiction in one shot!