• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: CNC-123 HA, Wiz2 917 w/ TXOH & R123 kit

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I'd like to put my old EDC up for sale.

It's a CNC-123 HA and has been carried - there are a few slight dings on it but nothing serious. Will post pics if you're interested.

Some details about the light:
- Cut down IMS17 reflector with UCL and gasket
- Hand made sandwich using a ViRen AA copper slug, Wiz2 917 and TXOH Joker (it's not pretty but the copper really transfers heat to the body)
- Battery tube has been carefully sanded internally to fit R123
- Kroll switch is a little problematic but I will clean it before I sell it
- including two of AW's protected R123 cells w/ charger (AC and 12v DC) with maybe 4 or 5 cycles on each

I'm asking SOLD shipped, post here first if you are interested.

EDIT: PICS ADDED

the_whole_lot.jpg

full.jpg

front.jpg

sandwich.png

ding1.jpg

ding2.jpg

tube.jpg

exploded.jpg

screenshot.jpg

Jon

Last edited:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: CNC-123 HA, Wiz2 917 w/ TXOH & R123 kit

Price adjustment after checking around a little. :)

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have any pictures of the light?

Benny

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Piczzzzzzzzz....

Cheers !

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: (PICS!) CNC-123 HA, Wiz2 917 w/ TXOH & R123 kit

Will the sandwich fit a MiniMag head? Let me know if you decide to split up the parts.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't tried it in a Mini-Mag, but it should work. CNC-123s were designed as a host for Dat2Zip's sandwiches, so any normal sandwich will work in this light. With this particular sandwich, the emitter sits in a very slight recess machined into the center of the copper slug so the dimensions don't match Wayne Y's sandwiches exactly, but it is very close.

The CNC-123 is the smallest single cell non-twisty 123 Lux3 light that I know of. Smaller than a Nuwaii Q3 and I think it's comparable to or smaller than the HDS lights. The knurling on the tailcap makes it a snap to pull from a pocket or back pocket, the flats might look funny but allow you to lay the light on the edge of a table, for example, without it rolling away and just feel right in the hand. And of course, if you have other sandwiches they can be dropped into this light as well.

Someone buy this before I change my mind. :)

Jon

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'll take it! :sold:

I've wanted a CNC 123 for quite a long time, since I first spotted one in one of cy's jawdropper sales threads (missed it then). I'm particularly excited about this accepting standard sammies, as I have a whole boatload of them now, the result of my soldering skill development program. TX0H is my favorite T-bin, displacing the venerable TW0J. I really like the unique choice of Wiz2 with a high drive level, optomized for single cell LiIon, my power preference. And gonzo in love with the tactile feel of the Kroll clickie, despite their tempermental nature, and the guarded tail arrangement is just peachy! I wonder if the light can accept a McR17, I presume an 18 is too big to fit. Nothing wrong with the IMS17, I just love the McRs. Only other question is how easily the light comes apart into its component pieces. The easier and quicker it comes apart the better.

Please email me your PP address and I'll send payment immediately. If you have any other sammies to put up for adoption I'd be interested in those as well, particularly ANY 5W ones. Its fun to play switcheroo with my sammie lights, this light looks like it will be the star of the show for awhile.

Last edited:

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email Sent!

I have used a touch of Nyogel conductive lube in the threads of this light, so it comes apart well but is still very secure when screwed together. No other sammies I'd part with (I still have the first two I built!).

Jon

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

PP sent! Extra included for USPS PM shipping. Could you throw in an NX05 to try out? Looking forward to this one! Thanks Jon!!

One one question remains: this is one kickin EDC light, whats your current one?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a good question! Right now I EDC a Photon Freedom 100% of the time. I also usually have a Gen2 KL1 that has been highly customized with a Wiz2 917, UYOK emitter and modified 20mm reflector. It's bare Al and sits on a bare Al FB2 body from VitalGear. LOTS of light in a relatively small package.

I may check out LRI's Proton when it is available, but for now I EDC these two lights.

Jon