SureFire warranty : L4

Miracle

Enlightened
Can some kind souls please explain the SureFire L4 warranty to me?

Does the SureFire L4 have "Life time" warranty?

What does it means?

I am currently living in Singapore.

If I buy a L4 in Singapore and it develops problems, can I call up Surefire USA and get them to send me a replacement part?

Please explain

:huh2:

There are other cheaper alternatives from Nuwai

but its the "Lifetime" warranty that I am interested in

I check and the local Surefire Distributor says they do not offer warranty on the L4 Leds.

If the Leds blow, can I "buy" a replacement?

How much do they cost?

also please tell me

is the L4 rated at 60 lumens or 100 lumens?????????

Does the Pila rechargable battries gives the 60 or 100 lumens?

warpdrive

Enlightened
If you have any problem with your Surefire, you can send back the defective part, and they will FIX or REPLACE it for free for life. You will have to pay postage to send it to them. Surefire pays for return postage.

The only issue with Surefire is sometimes they are slow, it may take many weeks for you to get the replacement.

The L4 is rated at 100 lumens with the new measurement method used by Surefire. Using rechargeables doesn't change the brightness.

You can always buy an extra KL4 head as an extra backup, but there is no reason to buy a replacement because the warranty covers replacement for life.

I bought a new L4, and the head was defective. It took about 4 weeks to receive my replacement in Canada. It took less than 2 weeks.

My tailcap went bad, they sent me a new one right away, and I didn't have to send my old one back.

Last edited:

Miracle

Enlightened
warpdrive said:
If you have any problem with your Surefire, you can send back the defective part, and they will FIX or REPLACE it for free for life. You will have to pay postage to send it to them. Surefire pays for return postage.

The only issue with Surefire is sometimes they are slow, it may take many weeks for you to get the replacement.

The L4 is rated at 100 lumens with the new measurement method used by Surefire. Using rechargeables doesn't change the brightness.

You can always buy an extra KL4 head as an extra backup, but there is no reason to buy a replacement because the warranty covers replacement for life.

I bought a new L4, and the head was defective. It took about 4 weeks to receive my replacement in Canada. It took less than 2 weeks.

My tailcap went bad, they sent me a new one right away, and I didn't have to send my old one back.

do I always have to send the faulty parts back?

can I contact SureFire directly?

Or do I have to get the SureFire local distributor to do it?

amlim

Enlightened
Miracle said:
do I always have to send the faulty parts back?

can I contact SureFire directly?

Or do I have to get the SureFire local distributor to do it?

it depends on surefire if they want you to send the faulty part back or not.

you need to contact surefire directly.

not sure if you can get the local distributor to contact for you. but could be faster if you contact directly.

cheers.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes. If the L4 breaks, contact SureFire and arrange to return it to them for repair or replacement.

However, if you dismantle the bezel, use rechargeable batteries or abuse it in any way SureFire may not repair or replace it for free. The KL4 bezel is not intended to be dismantled. The L4 should be powered by SF123A batteries.

Al

greenLED

Flashaholic
Miracle said:
does the SF warranty covers the L4 leds?

Yes. If something goes wrong with your light, send them an e-mail or call them. They will tell you what to do. Since you're outside the US you may (or may not) have to go through your local (or regional) distributor.

nc987

Enlightened
Surefire pays for return postage.

Didnt he say he lived in Singapore? I would be surprised to see Surefire pick up that postage consider they dont want their dealers selling overseas in the first place.

warpdrive

Enlightened
nc987 said:
Didnt he say he lived in Singapore? I would be surprised to see Surefire pick up that postage consider they dont want their dealers selling overseas in the first place.
ok then...I don't know about Singapore, but they do pay for return postage to Canada for sure.

Size15's

Flashaholic
nc987 said:

That's not correct.
SureFire has distributor/dealer networks in many other countries. It is extremely expensive for these networks to operate (costs are much higher outside the USA not least where the demand is significantly lower).
SureFire must feel that it has to support these foreign dealer networks order to offer customers in foreign countries the ability to walk into a store and purchase a SureFire product. Also to support the investment required to maintain sufficient stock of product in the foreign country to support the market/users.

It would be wrong for SureFire to subsidise the international markets from profits made in the USA. It would also be wrong to harm the international markets by allowing USA Dealers to supply international customers.

We all pay the price for wanting to own American products. Especially those who do not want to have to live in America in order to do so! :naughty:

Al :devil:

Miracle

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Yes. If something goes wrong with your light, send them an e-mail or call them. They will tell you what to do. Since you're outside the US you may (or may not) have to go through your local (or regional) distributor.

can some kind souls please confirm that Surefire's warranty "does" cover for the L4 Leds.

Because I called the Surefire Singapore distributor a few times and each time they told me that the Surefire warranty "do not" cover the SF Leds.

I am not sure who to believe.

:sweat: :help:

greenLED

Flashaholic
My comment is based on the fact that I've seen people getting their L4's replaced. They've done the same with my U2's. I don't see why they wouldn't honor their lifetime warranty on LED models outside the US.

Go to surefire.com and send an e-mail to the company. Tell them what the Singapore distributor told you and ask for clarification. It may be that your local rep is uninformed (??) or doesn't want to deal with a return. :confused:

Miracle

Enlightened
greenLED said:
My comment is based on the fact that I've seen people getting their L4's replaced. They've done the same with my U2's. I don't see why they wouldn't honor their lifetime warranty on LED models outside the US.

Go to surefire.com and send an e-mail to the company. Tell them what the Singapore distributor told you and ask for clarification. It may be that your local rep is uninformed (??) or doesn't want to deal with a return. :confused:

Hello Mr greenLED dude,

Thankz for the info.

I have already emailed SF directly last night.

If possible, I just like to hear from anyone here who knows anything about SF's LED warranty.

rycen

Enlightened
Size15's said:
Yes. If the L4 breaks, contact SureFire and arrange to return it to them for repair or replacement.

However, if you dismantle the bezel, use rechargeable batteries or abuse it in any way SureFire may not repair or replace it for free. The KL4 bezel is not intended to be dismantled. The L4 should be powered by SF123A batteries.

Al

Your answer is above.

Miracle

Enlightened
I just got word from Surefire that their warranties do cover the leds

now y would the singapore's distributor say the SF warranties do not cover leds?