Putting a KL3 head on a G2

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
I probably put this in the wrong section (general), so I'll repost here.

I just put a KL3 head on my 9P and am really pleased with the results. I have a couple of G2's and would really like to stick a KL3 on one or both of them. When I did a search on this topic, I noted that some people have a KL3 mated to the G2. However, I have also read that the body of the G2 doesn't lend itself to efficient heat dissipation of an LED light, which decreases the efficiency and longevity of the LED upgrade. Are there many CPF members using this combo without issue, or would I be better off leaving the G2 as is? I know about the BOG upgrades, but that seems to involve the same general problem. Thanks.

unclearty

Enlightened
I have done it..KL3 on a G2. Never seemed to have any heat issue. I think because it's only 2 cells that it just doesn't generate that much heat. I used to use that combo when out walking. I could feel it get slightly warm, but that's all..even the head never got THAT warm.

Longbow

Enlightened
I use a 2nd gen KL3 on a G2 with no heat problems. The mass of the head is more than up to the task of disappating the heat generated by the under-driven Lux III.