New photos. (including UK2L led module)

yclo

Flashaholic*
Here and there .

Alan, you might be interested in "there".

And these are my attempts of doing a few "Shelby" Surefire shots...
tongue.gif
I can try can't I
grin.gif

While I'm here, does anyone know any free sites that allow external linking? i.e. so that I can link photos to here instead of having to put links?

YC

StuU

Enlightened
Cool, dude. Could you describe the details of the 3AA light? Is that a regular Nichia white led? Who makes the light?

I built a similar 3AA light from a flea market find. The original light was an old Minimag spin-off- aluminum barrel with a rear switch and a focusing reflector. I removed the non-functioning rear switch and made the it into a twist-on-off. In the front, I removed the reflector and built a 3led module from plumbing parts. Works great.

yclo

Flashaholic*
The 3AAA light is a cheapo mag knock-off that I got in Hong Kong. Tailcap click-on click-off switch. Fitted with some no brand green led.

YC

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo, I did *there* quite sometime ago, it was one of my very first modification on LED. I am stunned with your 2L modification. What a great work! I wish I could have good hands like yours. Did you put any resistor on 2L? It looks real bright. I love the white one.

Alan

yclo

Flashaholic*
revolvergeek,
Thanks.

Alan,
Yes there is a resistor in the UK2L mod. The leds are resistored down to about 30~35ma each.

YC

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:

Yes there is a resistor in the UK2L mod. The leds are resistored down to about 30~35ma each.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it could be sold pretty good on ebay
grin.gif

Alan

artar

Enlightened
hi yclo,

could you please give me a short description how i make the UKE 2L mod ?

the 2L is a very good light, but with led it would be "unbreakable" great light.
thx,

artar.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
MODS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yclo,

Very fine, superior work; "professional" looking.

Any runtime measurements on the 2L mod?

Brightnorm