Recieved My SL PP 4AA Luxeon um...questions

Illum

Flashaholic
The beam was, well, bright.
But the characteristics is a spot, a "dot" of light when used for throw...Is this normal for parabolic reflectors? theres a wide spillbeam but faint and nearly unnoticeable when cast over 100 feet.

I tested the beam on a pine tree, it lit the "neck" area better than my XO at the same distance, but theres not much spillbeam to even illuminate the branch sitting right next to it...:ohgeez:

Was this to be expected?

Don't misunderstand here, I <3 this light:grin2:

Illum_the_nation said:
The beam was, well, bright.
But the characteristics is a spot, a "dot" of light when used for throw...Is this normal for parabolic reflectors? theres a wide spillbeam but faint and nearly unnoticeable when cast over 100 feet.

I tested the beam on a pine tree, it lit the "neck" area better than my XO at the same distance, but theres not much spillbeam to even illuminate the branch sitting right next to it...:ohgeez:

Was this to be expected?

Don't misunderstand here, I <3 this light:grin2:

Yes, this is what you should expect from this flashlight.

Illum

Flashaholic
Thanks...

One more reason to buy from SL

I once told myself not to buy anymore lights [3 is enough].
After less than 3 months after buying my SL Jr. luxeon everything seems to go well...alas, but after visiting the forum almost everyday...I couldn't resist bidding when I saw this light about to be sold for $28...I won at $42, so I think I bid a tad bit too much..

In a way, I hate this forum... .:lolsign: :sssh:

Allnew2me

Enlightened
I got mine from Fox last week and it does indeed out throw my XO. It is a smaller spot and very much whiter than the XO. I think it is one of the really great lights for a fair price out there.

LeDfLaShEr

Newly Enlightened
Let us know what light you want to buy next and we'll find you a good price on that one. :)

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Xzn said:
Can someone point out the cheapest place to get this light online right now?

In my most recent searches, the Fox int'l link above is still the cheapest.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I apologized in advance :(

I tend to avoid eBay. It's not worth the trouble filtering through all the scams and 'creative writing' copy to bother with.

Illum_the_nation said:
So much for not rubbing salt in...feels like you rubbed lye in it...
[/size] [/size]

Dawg

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
:wtf: :banghead:
TWENTY FIVE BUCKS????

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

:rant::rant::rant: ebay....

So much for not rubbing salt in...feels like you rubbed lye in it...
Yep, sucks! But if you buy 1 from fox at 25 the 2 lights would then have cost you 33 dollars each. Takes a little bit of the sting out.........If you buy 10 from fox that will then lower your unit cost down to $26.54 including the one you got hosed for off ebay. Then you can sell 9 of them on ebay and maybe pass the hose job on to someone else and maybe even make a little profit. :lolsign:

Latest posts