Energizer LED Head Light

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought some might be interested in this cheapo that I just picked up from WalMart.

No, it's not the Energizer LED Head Beam, now called the 3LED Pivoting HeadLight.........
- but this -
EnLEDhdLtPk.jpg

I found it NOT in the flashlight section - but among the battery rack near their electronics dept. Price $5.24 - runs on 2x CR2032 lithium coin cells.

Size compared to the LED Head Beam -
EnLEDhdLtSzY.jpg
EnLEDhdLtThkY.jpg

It seems from the front about the same size -
but it is noticably slimmer and lighter.

More size comparison with some pocket lights -
EnLEDhdLtSzY2.jpg

It looks almost toy like - other colors seen were blue and red.

Compared to original Energizer LED Head Beam -
LEDhdLt_Bm.jpg
LEDhdLt_Bm2U.jpg

in similar ballpark - the original Head Beam has a more intense and larger hotspot.

Compared to the newer Energizer LED HeadBeam - 2x Brighter
LEDhdLt_Bm2x.jpg
LEDhdLt_Bm2x2U.jpg

noticably less bright......

classic ArcAAA (2003)
LEDhdLt_Arc.jpg
LEDhdLt_Arc2U.jpg

about the same brightness - may be a shade brighter.....

vs. Nuwai 0.5w 1AAA (TM-310H)
LEDhdLt_Nuwai.jpg
LEDhdLt_Nuwai2U.jpg

not quite as bright.......but not bad at all.

I like this cheapie - it's small enough to put easily in any pocket. The head strap can be used like a wrist strap - the large rubber covered button is nice so it can be used as a handheld light as well as a head lamp. The LED is biassed downward so the light should be worn with the on/off button to the right otherwise the light points upward.....

Being fixed the beam is OK for most general tasks like walking and seeing round a room - but pointed a little high for handheld reading - I tend to have to hold the paper up to read......

Back of the pack -
EnLEDhdLtPkBk.jpg

note the claim of "Premium" Nichia LED - may be CS? but not too over-driven?

Haz

Enlightened
Great review, looks like it will be convenient as a EDC headlamp.
How are the seals in it?, is it splashproof, water resistant?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
thanks for pointing it out! the energizer head beam is my favorite headlamps, despite flashlightreviews mediocre opinion of it. I havent tried this new beast. . .

It looks like they pirated the on-off switch from a desktop:thinking:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
2x CR2032 lithium coin cells.

Does it have Electronically controllable Beams and Electronic Switch ????

I am looking forward.... to get this light.. as i have about 200 CR2032 Cells with me!!! (yea... that should last for 10 years .... i believe) :p

Also looking forward for comparison shot with Arc AAA Premium....

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haz wrote: "How are the seals in it?, is it splashproof, water resistant?"

No water sealing whatsoever that I can see.

The snap-fit back is easy to open with coin or even fingers.

Having said that - there's probably very little to go wrong with such a simple LED light even if it gets wet/water inside - as long as one does not switch it on until dry.

Note: The Energizer 3-LED Pivoting Head Beam - is not water protected in anyway either.

ViReN wrote: "Does it have Electronically controllable Beams and Electronic Switch ????"

The big button feels like a regular mechanical switch.

"Also looking forward for comparison shot with Arc AAA Premium...."

Don't have the current ArcAAA Premium to do that - but my 2003 ArcAAA had a fresh alkaline - and this LED Head Light was a bit brighter - also in a darkened room I seem to see more with the Head Light - the side-by-side beamshot is probably unrepresentative of the lights in use - as the ArcAAA has a more concentrated hotspot - so shows up better.

As is the case for the Nuwai 0.5w 1AAA (TM-310H) - again in use I see as much or as well as the Nuwai 1/2watt - even if the beamshot seems to show the Nuwai being brighter (which I am sure it is). So just as guesswork I would say this LED Head Light may show less bright than a current ArcAAA Premium - but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say one probably will see as well in actual use.......

Try it - it's only $5.24 ......
and WalMart have a no fuss return policy.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Current draw measurement -

0.03A on 10A scale
34.8mA on 200mA scale.

Nominal capacity of 2032 Lithium coin cell is 225mAh
so extrapolated runtime would be in the range of 4-6.5 hours?