did i really get a 8 led light for under $20?.......

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
8led2.jpg

8led3.jpg

8led4.jpg

8led5.jpg

8led6.jpg

8led7.jpg

8led8.jpg

8led9.jpg

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
common!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Common? Or "Come on!" (C'mon, etc)

Anyway, I'm interested in the origins of the light, too. Tell us more!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aragorn likes to be dramatic and build suspense, but all you need to do is check back a few days to see he posted this light on CPF:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002267

It's incandescent on one end and LED on the other. Available at ****s Sporting Goods. He made a 7 LED retrofit to put in the incandescent side - add 1 led in the original LED side and you have 8 LEDs.

BTW for you surefire fans, ****s has the little orange Coligans (sp.) waterproof match holders that fit 2 123a batteries perfectly for spares carry for $.99.

yclo

Flashaholic*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
BTW for you surefire fans, ****s has the little orange Coligans (sp.) waterproof match holders that fit 2 123a batteries perfectly for spares carry for $.99.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rattle?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Rattle? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy some folks are awful picky!
rolleyes.gif
A little rattle, but whaddya expect? It's a $1.00 hard plastic container for holding matches, not batteries.
tongue.gif
Stick a little piece of foam on top or under the batteries and it won't rattle.
smile.gif

8746.jpg

yclo

Flashaholic*
Well, I picky and I'm proud of it. That's why I have Arc and Surefire products!

Anyway, I asked because I saw it in a local shop and was measuring the thing with the two 123 cells that I had, and it seems a lot fatter than the cells. Are the walls thick?

YC