does anyone sell a minimag 2aa luxeon light?

bwcaw

Enlightened
does anyone sell a minimag 2aa luxeon light?

I would be interested in one of these. I have heard a lot about the lambda illumiator,
is this a minimag based light? My dad is looking for a luxeon light that is cheaper than the arc ls that i have, and i think i heard about the lambda light being available
for about $45. He would also like a small sized light that would fit in his pocket, he is an electronic technician, and used his streamlight stylus every day, but would like something a little brighter. Thanks for any
info.
grin.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Re: does anyone sell a minimag 2aa luxeon light?

Modding the Minimag IMHO is just too darn labor intensive, The Brinkmann Legend 2-AA has more room to work with, plus it does have a reliable tailcap laoking push switch (after some minor preventative maintenance)that makes this a true "one handed light".
The only Minimag I own now has a Legend tailcap switch threaded on its arses end.
grin.gif

TripleDouble

Newly Enlightened

I've considering selling a couple LS modified minimags, but they would be much too labor intensive to sell at $45. Lamba is really giving a good deal.

bwcaw

Enlightened

Thanks, I will have to get in touch with
lambda, and see if he has any of his illuminators available.
grin.gif

signals

Newly Enlightened

Well, I modded a MiniMag with an LS. I used one of dat2zip's fine DC-DC step up converters and an LS from Arc. I too agree that a MiniMag is probably not the best light to modify (especially after having done one.) The light came out great, but it was terribly expensive. After adding in the aftermarket tail-cap switch, and the adhesives I needed to use to prevent the head from turning and to heatsink the LS, as well as the DC-DC board and the LS itself the total bill came out well over $50. It was a lot of work too. (Probably spent 12 hours or so on it one weekend.)

I would probably keep an eye out for Lambda's Illuminator availability, or go with one of the other Brinkmann mods... I don't think you are going to find a higher quality light for modifying.

But, I REALLY like my LS MagLite. (We'll see how much I still like it after my Illuminator arrives
wink.gif
) It was just so much work and money for what it is... If I were to do it again, I don't think I would start with a MagLite.

I am working on an html pictorial of the mod I made to my Mini-MagLite and I will post the URL to CPF when I finish, if anyone is still interested.

-Kevin

bwcaw

Enlightened

I am thinking about having Aragorn, or someone mod a couple of sl pro poly 2aa
lights with ls's, if it can be done. I like
the sl's because they are waterproof, and
my lights have a way of getting into water.
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

TripleDouble

Newly Enlightened

You'd have to be really careful with the heat, as the poly's won't provide much heatsinking. Leave the light on, and the heat may eventually kill the LED.

A LS minimag mod can be made waterproof. I turned mine on, dropped it in water for 15 minutes, and it came out as good as new, maybe a little bit cleaner.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by signals:
After adding in the aftermarket tail-cap switch,-Kevin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get the aftermarket tail-cap?

I think Lambda Illuminator will be going up in price.

See this thread for a nice 3 led mod that you can purchase for the mini-mag: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002262

signals

Newly Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
Where did you get the aftermarket tail-cap?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bright Guy... Look up the MiniMag in the catalog there, and click on accessories. There is a tail cap switch there. I feel bad recommending it, it pretty much sucks. (It's just a ball point pen mechanism under a piece of soft rubber.) But it does the job and I couldn't find any other switches, specifically for MiniMags, anywhere...

-Kevin

papasan

Enlightened

i don't much care for the legend switches or it's length...the same is true for the minimag switches i've seen, don't much care for the extra length...and then there's waterproofing concerns as well...

anyways, i'm making up a few minimag zlt+ lights and keeping the twist-on/off...it's a bit tricky to make a solid switch but if i get something sturdy and fairly easy to do that i'm satisified with i may make a few extras up just for the fun of it...as stated before you can't really make any money off of them because of the labor it takes...anyhow, if i do sell a few it'll prolly be on e-bay and i'll post it...

Latest posts