Got my FIRE~FLY 3. Now what's next?

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Got my Fire~fly 3 from DSpeck on Saturday. Thank God it took only a week from Canada to Greece. First i was impressed about how small it is. Second for how many usefull things hides inside. The interfaces are very usefull. You can do almost what ever you need. From setting levels for low-mid-high from 20 available, strobe setting, SOS setting. Of course its a serious thrower (for the size) with good beam shape and very good side spill. It's a rechargeable (uses RCR123's) which is very good for me. It's also extremely well built with very good feeling on the twisty head. The big plus is that is also user repairable and upgradeable. I can't imagine that somethimg will stand next to my Fire~fly 3 in this kind of price..
Any opinions?
Thanks to Doug for the "lightning" responses and servises.:goodjob:
Looking forward for the Fire~Fly 4..

hivoltage

Enlightened
I am going to have to agree with you on that one Garbman. My FF3 has replaced a very popular light on this forum as my EDC. I also found a very nice and cheap small holster that the light plus a spare battery rides in!!!!!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
garbman- I have to agree as well, great light. Best bang, machining, features, etc. for the buck. This one is one of my favorites, but what's next you say? Well, at this price(usually the deposit price of a light of this caliber) it will be hard to find anything that compares. Now how about a FF3 in an exotic material? I love titanium but there are a number of lights in Ti now, nickle silver is great with the RAW Ns, or how about demasteel(did I spell that right?), the steel with a grain, a demasteel FF3 would be nice!!! Doug mentioned doing a run of exotic material FF3's, but havn't heard anything for a while.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's next? USING it, enjoying it, etc. No use in racking up lights just to have em sit on a shelf

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy said:
What's next? USING it, enjoying it, etc. No use in racking up lights just to have em sit on a shelf

Very well said, GarageBoy

What's next? Well, my two EDCs are covered so I make sure I have my family covered. A couple of Peak Pacifics (one in single AA and the other a 2AAA body) they are the power failure lights and the 2AAA will be on the desk for the family to use. Once the 2AAA stainless steel Pacific arrives, I'll be heading back to modified multiple luxeon Mags.

The good thing about the FF3 is it shifts perspective about keychain or small pocket lights. It punches out so much light there is no need to take a larger light with you when more light is needed. This would explain my renewed interest in multi-luxeon Mags, low to 75 lumens is handled by my keychain light so a variable output (50 to 400 lumen) modded light will be the perfect "big brother" to the Fire~Fly III.

Doug's creation will save me money in the long run... no need for small to medium lights for personal use. Easy to mod so when the next generation 150 lumen mega LED rolls out, it will be simple to keep pace by firing up the soldering iron.

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Can you give us some info's about the holster hivoltage?

Price and pics please. Also where to purchase. Hope it ships intenationally. Im very interested to protect this superb flashlight.
Thanx

hivoltage

Enlightened
Go to Lighthound.com. It is called a 1 cell nylon holster. I will try to attach a pic tonight. It is only 6 dollars!!!!