still photo slideshow on DVD?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to make a slideshow that can play through a television for an upcoming party. I've gathered a lot of photos from various sources, and the software on my desktop computer that came with its DVD says it will make a slideshow, but it doesn't tell much about it.

1. Should I resize the photos to VGA resolution beforehand? The software doesn't say if it does this or not.

2. Would a Video CD work as well for this? All of my photos combined even at resolutions beyond VGA are still only around 100MB, so they would fit easily on a CD.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
640X480 is the typical television resolution. Find a batch converter program for images. I use a program called FastStone Image Viewer(free I think). Batch Converts and Renames which comes in handy for uploading it to the internet.

Video CD should work just fine. If you download Google Picasa (Free as well), it has an option to make a Gift CD with whatever pictures you want. Though I am not sure if thats made for particularly computers, or DVD players as well. Should say somewhere on Google's site, or someone else here may know. Google Picasa is a great tool to have either way. Organizes photos very well,

-Cameron

Arkayne

Enlightened
What is the name of your software?

1. The software usually resizes it for you so don't do all that manual labor just yet.
2. Yes, if your DVD player will support VCD's.