Yet another unexpected use for my SF 6P w/P61....

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
One of my co-workers had been building a deck with pressure-treated lumber last week, and had a strange, itchy lump on his arm, he had a feeling that he had a splinter, but couldn't see it through the skin....

i handed him my 6P with P61 HOLA and he trans-illuminated the section of his arm with the bump, a rather large splinter stood out clearly under the skin....

so, i handed him my razor-sharp Kershaw Leek (with it's fine splinter-picker tip) and he was able to perform self-surgery and remove the splinter (actually two of them), had it not been for the 6P, he'd have been randomly cutting himself open hoping to find the splinter by chance.....

a good flashlight, and a nice sharp knife, always good things to have....

as an interesting comparison, we tried my G&P 3W equipped G2 first, but the LED just didn't trans-illuminate well enough, the P61-equipped 6P performed admirably....

he disinfected the Leek before handing it back, and the whole procedure went off without a hitch or any pain, thanks to the scary-sharp blade on the Leek....

firefly99

Enlightened
MacTech said:
he disinfected the Leek before handing it back, and the whole procedure went off without a hitch or any pain, thanks to the scary-sharp blade on the Leek....
Very likely, the heat from the P61 numb the area, that why there is little or no pain.

paulr

Flashaholic
The incan's warmer color also probably got through the skin and muscle better than the bluish LED light.