Might as well let everyone know

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I might as well let everyone know this since so many of you care so much about me. To be honest I was not going to post about it but I thought most here would appreciate me telling them.
I just got back from the hospital. No it had nothing to do with cancer.
I broke my ankle :ohgeez: . I tripped over a toy and the next thing I know my left foot is facing outward at 90 degrees. I blame it on weak bones but it may just be because I am clumsy. The pain medicine they gave me at the hospital has me on a bit of a high right now but I dread the pain tomorrow.
Don't worry, I will be OK in a few weeks. I just dread wearing this cast because my foot is already itching.
What else can happen right? :lolsign:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damndamndamndamn! Might consider changing your name to Job. (he said with a grin......).

Load up on the pain meds. No sense hurting.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
BIGIRON said:
Damndamndamndamn! Might consider changing your name to Job. (he said with a grin......).

Load up on the pain meds. No sense hurting.
I am afraid I would do a disservice to the name Job. I complain a lot more than he did. :)

nethiker

Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
What else can happen right? :lolsign:

I wouldn't go there. It's time to let someone else share in life's agonies.

Sorry to hear about the ankle. I must admit I was relieved it was only your ankle. I won't share my imagination, let's just say there are worse opportunities for injury. So what toy was it? I have a two year old and was just wondering which one not to get him. :)

Hang in there and thanks for sharing.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
It was a Fisher-Price Baby Play Wall. It has 3 panels that connect together so the baby can crawl through them and it has feet that stick out to keep it steady. I tripped over one of the feet. I am weaker than I am used to being and I guess I need to remember that from now on and be more careful.

jtice

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that Jeff.

My mom just started walking with a cane now,
she broke hers last month walking the dog.

Hope you get better soon.
~John

Sturluson

Enlightened
Whoa, Jeff - sorry to hear about the ankle. You're a tough guy, so I'm sure you'll take this in stride (though I guess you broke it in stride :ohgeez: -ouch!)

I did something similiar years ago, but it was a glass goblet I tripped over. As I remember, the itching thing is something you get used to after a few days. Take those pain meds when you need them, and before you know it this, too, will pass.

Thoughts and Prayers are with you -

Bob

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dayum, it just keeps getting better doesn't it. Sorry to hear that guy, the only good thing is that it is now getting on summer, no winter ice and snow to deal with.

That was my biggest worry when my wife hard her foot operated on from becoming septic from the portocath and we had to take her back and forth each day for treatment.

You just be careful and let your wife baby you a bit, I know it is likely not your nature, but it will help you both, her and you. she will feel like she is actually able to do something.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Lee,

I hope and pray that your wife is doing well. I have kept her in my prayers. :candle:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
be safe sir.man i worry about ya take care and freind hugs to you nra

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahhh man,

that is awful.

I hope you are not suffering much from this. Keep taking those pain pills.

Hey everyone....I am making a plug here but I have a raffle going to help LifeNRA.

Just click the big line on my sig

Latest posts