i need to go where there is no other folks

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i admit i do like the interent. to talk to my freinds but in the world off line i rather be far away from people and i just prefare to be alone .i would love to have a few acress and a small trailor could be only 125 sqaure feet total but i just want it far from all the noise and lights of other people.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure that is a good idea for a disabled person. I wished I live in a more commercial area, so I could walk or wheel to the store, work, etc.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
McVille, ND "big enough to serve you, small enough to know you"
Pop 401
(403 when my wife and I visited her grandparents this winter past)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The property next to me is for sale. 20ac, woods, a small spring, a barn, dbl trailer. It's 300 yards from me and located out in the middle of nowhere. $105,000.
Out in the middle of nowhere also has no broadband, no cable , no wireless and no pizza delivery. :huh2:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a very worthwhile goal if that's what you're really looking for. Keep sniffing around Raggs, the world is still a really big place -- in spite of what many say.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grew up in that environment. The trouble is everybody knows what you are doing. If there is a strange car parked in your driveway, you can best bet somebody is going to ask who was visiting the next time you go to the post office. A while ago, I mailed my sister a post card. When I was up visiting, I stopped to get my parent's mail and the post master (only town postal employee) said what a nice post card it was. He had read it before putting in her postal box.

You can get "lost" much easier in a bigger city.

zespectre said:
McVille, ND "big enough to serve you, small enough to know you"
Pop 401
(403 when my wife and I visited her grandparents this winter past)

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy said:
Grew up in that environment. The trouble is everybody knows what you are doing. If there is a strange car parked in your driveway, you can best bet somebody is going to ask who was visiting the next time you go to the post office. A while ago, I mailed my sister a post card. When I was up visiting, I stopped to get my parent's mail and the post master (only town postal employee) said what a nice post card it was. He had read it before putting in her postal box.

You can get "lost" much easier in a bigger city.

Yeah, it was quite a shift going from Washington DC to visit the grandparents. We went out to the town drugstore at one point and the lady behind the counter said "oh you must be the folks visitin' Art and Mamie right?" They already knew our names and so forth.

it was pretty funny.

The town I grew up in was at least a -little- larger than that.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe take a vacation to some remote place for a week and see how you feel. You may change your mind.

metalhed

Enlightened
You're not alone in craving solitude raggie.

I've always been a bit of a loner myself, despite being married for so long. When we go to Washington State to buy a new house next month, I'm hoping to find a couple of acres on the extreme fringes of the area we're looking at.

Close enough for modern conveniences, yet far enough away that being by myself (ourselves even) is possible...dare I say easy.

For me the incessant drone of humanity can sometimes become quite tiresome, and it becomes harder and harder over time to find the quiet peace I crave. I think that's why I like places like CPF...I can come and go as I please....quietly.

Shhhhh.....:eek:oo: