My passion found

Flasherz

Newly Enlightened
I have found my lifelong dream, what I want to do for a living. I want to make custom flashlights and sell them.

Sadly, I don't have much experience with building electronics.

What kind of work usually goes into building a flashlight from scratch? What kind of tools will I need? What kind of materials? Should I make LED flashlights, or Incandescent?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm..pretty tough question I believe....electrical engineer, draftsman, machinist, metallurgist, physicist, magician....help me out here folks...psychiatrist... :huh2:

Karl

Flasherz

Newly Enlightened
HarryN said:
It is remarkably expensive and remarkably unprofitable.

well, everything is these days. After paying for gasoline to drive to my minimum wage job at mcdonalds, I don't profit anything. And after taxes/insurance, I lose money. So I'm basically working to lose money, which I don't understand why I'm doing that.

So that's why I need to make flashlights and sell them. Flashlights do not require gasoline.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
THere is a saying, if you want to make 1 millon dollars in custom light business, start with 2 million.

THere is a reason why you don't see many people around doing this line of work, because your life is involved in it 24/7, and you have soooo much to lose.

Talk to the people who have so far made it like Don and they will tell you that there is more in it than we can realize.