Go to AGR and check out Surefires new prices

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Yep it is now Feb.1 and SF really jacked up there prices go looking at AGR. Not everyone else has changed them yet so you can still look at the other retailers to compare.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
AGR was selling the 72 pack of SF 123's for $170 they are now going for $234. That is a 38% increase that is way excessive their batteries may be good but they are not worth that much of an increase.

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Well,we had to know it was coming. Surefire is very, very good at feeding it's addicts information one piece at a time and increasing the addiction by the lure of new and exciting products. We in turn respond providing the acknowledgement in these forums that it is OK, we will pay any price, just feed our addiction. I noticed a 12% increase on the E2HA at AGR this morning which is the only one that I checked.

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
I cant believe!!! The price increase is very steep!!!
frown.gif
But lucky I already buy 10X and M2 before from AGR, just have to wait... Hope AGR keep the promises...
rolleyes.gif

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Daniel: They would be stupid not to follow suit with the price increases. They know about the addiction that most of us have. They also know that once an addict is hooked, price is of no concern. I do not blame TTS, AGR etc, they just increase when their prices increase.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Might I suggest that we the consumer voice our opinion to SF regarding this price increase/change in pricing strategy. Folks, this is a big jump in price, no doubt about it. It says very little about SF's desire to have us purchase their products, but it states rather loudly that they want more of our $$.

Are their products worth it - that's been a debate on other threads so I won't open that can of worms here. Sure they deserve to earn a $, that's one of the reasons we live in the U.S., but also part of capitalism is price competition, which it appears they are trying to minimize.

I checked prices on SF around the net and have now crossed a few things off my list that I was going to purchase. I'll still purchase SF products, just not as many due to the cost. I'm sure others will do the same. IMHO, this was a bad business idea during these difficult economic times.

Just to be fair & forthright, here's what was posted on SF board by yours truly.......

Rationalizing a price increase this steep (or a change in pricing strategy that forces retailers to fall in line) based on who can afford the product and the target audience for these products is purely subjective. Surefire makes great products, and perhaps they are not for the average Joe. Although now these products may be too pricey for even the above-average Fred. If we go quietly into the night with this price increase/change in strategy, then those that make the marketing plans will have very little to argue over with those that count the beans. Just as well, many companies find that if they can get away with one price increase/pricing strategy change, they'll roll out another one (and another, and another). This is the type of thinking that usually motivates competitors to enter a market segment.

WaltH

Enlightened
I for one think my SF buying days will be coming to an end. They are not THAT much better than the competition to justify these increases. I know LEO's who wouldn't carry them before just out of principle...I imagine more of us will be adopting that attitude.

Spork

Enlightened
They were overpriced to begin with. I bet they are doing this so if they lower prices again you think your getting a good deal. I don't own a surefire yet but was hoping to buy some of their new stuff when it comes out. not anymore. They cant make you buy anythying. if EVERYONE would boycott surefire for a while those prices would go back down..or even lower. I love flashlights but somewhere you have to draw the line. I wouldn't care if these lights could talk, fart, and dance I don't want one from a company that is so money hungry.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
I wouldn't care if these lights could talk, fart, and dance I don't want one from a company that is so money hungry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno. One that could fart would be worth something on the circus circuit.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
I'm only hanging in there for an E1e and LED bezel. I might be interested in an LED bezel for my M2 & M3, but depends on price. Other than that, I have no addl. need or desire for SF products based on current pricing trends. I've reached my pain threshold - even an addict has one.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
All the distributors will follow suit with the price changes. Surefire is forcing them all to raise the minimun price they can charge. I knew this was coming which is why I bought 3 light at the end of Jan. I just didn't expect them to jack up the prices this much.

We should all call/write SF and tell them how we feel and also stop buying there products we have the ultimate powwer not SF if we wield it they will listen they have no choice.

They show us all these cool new gadgets and then rape us with the price increases.

Surefire needs to be put in its place and we can do this if we stayed unified.

WaltH

Enlightened
I agree 100%. Boycott now. No more SF's.

It's so easy to say, yet I've been waiting for that E2e for months. I will do my best to refrain from any new SF purchases. I got my M3 2 months ago for $137.00 from AGR. No way would I pay over $200.00 for one.

I've also been waiting for some lube from SF for a couple months now. I called them twice and spoke to the same individual in service. I was assured it was being sent and yet nothing. Once is forgetful, twice is a complete blow-off. I have no problem with "no" being the answer, but to say yes and then ignore the request. That'll lose customers faster than a price increase.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
My letter just went out to all relevant parties at SF. If you visit their site there is a page with contact info. Might I suggest the VP at a minimum gets a letter, but cc'g sales & development can't hurt either (these areas only exist in organizations to sell more product). PK should care that his creations are not being purchased, and sales will definitely care if they see significant impact to the number of units sold as a result of this decision.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yikes - this is kinda putting a damper on all the exciting SF stuff coming out at SHOT. The increases are staggering.

Be interesting to see what the market will support.

bkral

Newly Enlightened
Well, I think it's probably just market forces at work. In the overall scheme of things, surefire is still a small company, with a very small piece of the overall lighting market and an even small piece of the general comsumer market. As we found out after Sept. 11, their primary customer (after Windler, of course) is Uncle Sam. My guess is that they are not particularly concerned if a small group of fanatics buys fewer lights, and in fact may be pleased if it opens up machining capacity to produce more weaponlights to fill lucrative government contracts.

Let's face it - for most of us, these things are toys. For over 50 years when someone said "flashlight" they meant two carbon-zinc D-cells and a vacuum bulb, and that was adequate for most purposes. Still is, except now, having seen the promised land, we are getting greedy, and confusing want with need. I, for example, know that I don't really need a new SF "Hellfire", although I want it so bad I can hardly type...

-BCK