kroma delayed 6 months says surefire?

glock35guy

Newly Enlightened
I was just talking to surefire about a tail cap problem on my A2 and I asked the rep if he had seen the chroma. He said yes...I asked him his impression and he said I should buy it in 6 months when it came out...He told me it was delayed...

Not trying to start a rumor,

G35

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure hope so,

I did not join the preorder list to wait 6 months.

:thumbsdow

We will see in a month or so :)

Benny

Miracle

Enlightened
I dont get it....

SF says it about Nov 2006

but from what I am reading

it might be next month???

when will the Kroma be release?

:huh2:

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
voodoogreg said:
And why would that be? A non- "PC" answer would be appreciated. VDG

As with most businesses, Surefire has a list of preferred dealers who will get products at a lower price and faster than other dealers. The "preferred" ones out there purchase more and have better credit with Surefire. Normal business practice.

Size15's

Flashaholic
No. I meant that SureFire can only make so many flashlights in each production run and that some Dealers may not have been quick enough to secure orders from the first batch. It may be that once the batch is spoken for SureFire inform Dealers and customers that it will take time to make more.

Al

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I would hope, that when the Kroma hits full production, that they are available in 'other' colours, rather than the red and blue combo that seems to be on the cards at the moment.

I know what blue light can be used for, but I just don't need it! I'm in the military, and I'd find either NVG green, or UV much more useful than blue.

Red for 'Emergency Stop", NVG green for all clear or night ops, and 2 level white light.

My SF L1 is one of my most used lights, I really appreciate the low light/long runtime option for reading at night, with the option of more light if needed, but I can't imagine liking it if it only had a coloured LED, such as red or blue- much less useful for me.

The A2 Aviator is available in a spread of LED colours, so hopefully the Kroma R&D team will pull something out of the bag.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
If only I could!

I am not in the US forces, so the options for obtaining many things are limited..... I know that many of the SF lights I already own have Nato Stock Numbers, so they are technically available via my supply chain, but I doubt if they would let me, an aircraft engineer, order one (I doubt if the UK military even stock them - The SAS just buy whatever they want/need, and if it's not NSN, they buy it anyway!).

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip, I went looking.... if it's "TacticalSupply.com", then I believe they will only ship to US addresses (as per Surefire's dealer policy).

It would be nice to see a review, but I expect they will surface eventually.....

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep it is Tacticalsupply who is offering them,

If you know someone in the US who can forward it to you there would be no problem.

I ordered one and live in Norway,
Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent them a Mail regarding the Kroma-Milspec a while ago...
No reply on the matter.

But asking wont hurt.

Benny

Latest posts